Late Xmas Present to myself..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just ordered one of these, so I have finally upgraded from my 2012 Raleigh that was too small for me!! Cant wait for it to arrive, but i've ordered it with Tredz so I have heard that postage may not be the quickest.

Now I just need to work out how to spend the £100 of wiggle vouchers I got for Xmas. I've started with a torque wrench to help me assemble it. Maybe some matching bottle cages :smile:

2016_Giant_Defy_Advanced_1.jpg

Mrs M

Guru
Just ordered one of these, so I have finally upgraded from my 2012 Raleigh that was too small for me!! Cant wait for it to arrive, but i've ordered it with Tredz so I have heard that postage may not be the quickest.

Now I just need to work out how to spend the £100 of wiggle vouchers I got for Xmas. I've started with a torque wrench to help me assemble it. Maybe some matching bottle cages :smile:

2016_Giant_Defy_Advanced_1.jpg
Very nice, enjoy.

jay clock

Massive member
Looks lovely and a nice colour. Does that take mudguards? I bought a Giant and although officially it took mudguards the LBS could not get them to fit (and they were Giant branded mudguards that said they suited disc brake versions.) I then tried and failed to buy a Canyon, now finally got a Ribble CR3 with full guards, 105 and hydros and very happy too

potsy

Rambler
Now I just need to work out how to spend the £100 of wiggle vouchers I got for Xmas
Black bar tape and saddle? ^_^

Looks good though.

OP
OP
Mark1978

Mark1978

Veteran
Looks lovely and a nice colour. Does that take mudguards? I bought a Giant and although officially it took mudguards the LBS could not get them to fit (and they were Giant branded mudguards that said they suited disc brake versions.) I then tried and failed to buy a Canyon, now finally got a Ribble CR3 with full guards, 105 and hydros and very happy too

Should take my crud ones apparently, but you can get Giant branded ones that supposedly fit.

jay clock

Massive member
Should take my crud ones apparently, but you can get Giant branded ones that supposedly fit.
Supposedly is the key word. Maybe they can, but the LBS i was buying from were honest enough to say they couldn't make them work. It did strike me that perhaps the standard tyres are 25mm as is the trend, and swapping for 23mm might make them work...

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
A friend of mine just bought an Avail Advanced which is the ladies equivalent but very similar in frame design. The Giant retailer reckons SKS Raceblades were the way to go and even offered to fit a pair so I'm guessing they may fit...

Top Bottom