Lateral flow tests - kits - anyone managed to get any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Got a box of 7 kits yesterday from my local chemist, no problem. I was asked if I was registered with them before they would give them out.

There's not a shortage of tests, just a very temporary blip in ability to send them out because of people panicking after Johnson's doomsday presentation on Sunday.

newts

Veteran
Gov website was a bit slow to load when retrieving a collection code this morning . Picked up a box at lunchtime from nearby supermarket pharmacy.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Just registered, trotted through all the steps, then got this:

There are no more home tests available

which is kind of blunt.

No indication of when might change.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ordered two packs last week via the .gov site. Turned up the next day with a confirmation text to say they had arrived. That means we now have about 20 tests in the house so we are good for a while......

Anyone want to buy a test? £5 each to you sir! :laugh:

If it happens that proof of a negative LFT will be necessary to get into some venues I can see the demand increasing a lot.

The problem is that people can easily cheat the system by logging in to the NHS Covid website and lying about the result. No proof is necessary other than the number on the test kit. Some people have no scruples, as long as it lets them in.

newts

Veteran
If it happens that proof of a negative LFT will be necessary to get into some venues I can see the demand increasing a lot.

The problem is that people can easily cheat the system by logging in to the NHS Covid website and lying about the result. No proof is necessary other than the number on the test kit. Some people have no scruples, as long as it lets them in.
We went to a gig at the Plymouth Pavilions last night. Entry was permitted by a negative lateral flow test within 24 hours or vaccine passport (everything was well organised for the 2k+ getting in). Neither really proves you're not carrying the virus at the time of entry & fake flow tests will be very common over the Xmas period for those desperate to get into nightclubs/events.

PK99

Legendary Member
We were handed two packs of 7 and free masks outside Kingston Station yesterday.

There was a huge stack.

Stephenite

Membå
Sold out at pharmacies over here too.

Collected 2 boxes of 5 through the Track and Trace folk last week.

Tested negative with LFT on Sunday - positive with PCR Monday. Didn't expect that! Waited 35 hours for the result of the PCR. Good thing I was a good citizen and stayed in.

Top Bottom