Lateral flow tests - kits - anyone managed to get any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As there are 3 of us living under the one roof at the moment, and one of us works in a factory with lots of other folk, we all test a couple of times a week.
I was able to pick up 2 test kits from the local pharmacy yesterday. They seemed to have plenty available.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I got some from Boots next to Cannon St at on Saturday no problem. But maybe things have changed since then :smile:

I got a collection code from the NHS website first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Hills
I got some from Boots next to Cannon St at on Saturday no problem. But maybe things have changed since then :smile:
Possibly that there has been a sudden rush I think since the change in rule.
See mega quees for boosters.
None at the local Boots yesterday either - folks being turned away.
They said they were on order - didn't sound too confident about when they might be in.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have been trying to get a kit online and they recognise my password ok but then say there is a problem and I should phone somebody. They do not say there are none available but I am not hanging on to a chargeable phone for yonks to find out what is going on.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
I have been trying to get a kit online and they recognise my password ok but then say there is a problem and I should phone somebody. They do not say there are none available but I am not hanging on to a chargeable phone for yonks to find out what is going on.
I have now online got a collection code so may pop round later today waving it - I somehow doubt that there will be any there anyway.
Yesterday they had a notice on the door saying they had non to save countless folk the bother of queuing to be told there were none.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Online nhs website order accepted just now
Ditto us this morning, just a temporary blip it seems.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I just tried to order some and it wouldn't let me because I already ordered a pack in the last 24hrs. So the one pack per day claim doesn't make sense because that's not how time works.

I couldn't order online for home delivery last night, but ordered this morning no problems.
Can anyone who collects at the pharmacy with a code, tell me if the code you are sent necessitates the use of a smartphone? Or is it a simple numerical thing that would come through OK as a text message on a dumbphone, or an alphanumeric code to my email which I could copy on a bit of paper and take with me? There's a participating pharmacy on a nice. almost traffic-free bike ride I sometimes do down to the docks.

Top Bottom