Latest Scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I read about another doing the rounds.
Your son or daughter texts you on WhatsApp and says they're short of money and could you help them out with a few thousand or whatever. Even refer to close friends and relatives to make it seem genuine, I guess they get the info from FB or wherever. Only it's a scammer. Apparently a lot of people have been tricked.

I have had this quite a few times. never likely to reply. I am childless and delighted about that fact. Referrals to my sister Andrea often made. No sister Andrea, but I have a friend.

D

Deleted member 26715

Sadly too many pies before the win may have lead to an early demise.
What a hurtful & nasty thing to say, I'm disgusted to read such a comment form you, you should be ashamed of yourself,

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
What a hurtful & nasty thing to say, I'm disgusted to read such a comment form you, you should be ashamed of yourself,

My apologies if you feel I overstepped the mark. It was meant as an observation only. The risk factors with such obesity are well known. Any genetic/illness risk factors are probably minimal as both partners display the problem so it's life style most likely. Their choice. Sadly IMHO.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I think that’s being a bit unfair on the victims of these crimes. The perpetrators are confidence tricksters who can be very convincing.

I understand why you say this and would agree there are very sophisticated scams around but this is not one of them.

I happily admit first time I saw this my attention was grabbed and I thought of my son's possible plight. So I understand. A few minutes thought gave me the solution. Ask a question only he could answer. Not difficult.

The vast majority of these scams are very crude and easily avoided with a tiny bit of thought. I would have every sympathy with anyone caught by a truly sophisticated scam but none of what we see widely circulated on the web is sophisticated.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I understand why you say this and would agree there are very sophisticated scams around but this is not one of them.

I happily admit first time I saw this my attention was grabbed and I thought of my son's possible plight. So I understand. A few minutes thought gave me the solution. Ask a question only he could answer. Not difficult.

The vast majority of these scams are very crude and easily avoided with a tiny bit of thought. I would have every sympathy with anyone caught by a truly sophisticated scam but none of what we see widely circulated on the web is sophisticated.

congratulations on being level headed and not having any apparent learning difficulties. Not everyone is quite so blessed and can be more easily taken for a proverbial ride through no fault of their own :okay:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
congratulations on being level headed and not having any apparent learning difficulties. Not everyone is quite so blessed and can be more easily taken for a proverbial ride through no fault of their own :okay:

There certainly some vulnerable people who've been scammed this way, but most of the cases are people who should know better going by the accounts you hear on TV and in the media. Business people, coppers, and even a hard headed journalist have all told their stories in the last few years. And as soon as they begin their tale you are almost immediatly screaming, "For God's sake, couldn't you see it coming?"

Top Bottom