Latin speaker?Cyclist? Read on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Chiz indeed.

This may be of interest to those who are, er, interested in this kind of thing: http://www.lipsum.com/

OP
OP
H

Hyslop

Veteran
Yes, that's exactly what it would be - the designer makes the layout and fills it with dummy text pending the review being written (there's a handy button in InDesign to populate a layout with ersatz Latin. It looks more like real copy than a bunch of xxxxxxxes, so is good for working out word count, but is obviously not correct so shouldn't end up in print by accident - in theory, at least).

I can't explain why it's there though. The copies we have in the office have the correct (English) text, which may or may not make more sense depending on your point of view. I'm guessing there's a batch of duff copies somewhere. Where did you buy it @Hyslop? I shall investigate further...

Correct version of the page attached to this post.
Many thanks for the above,quite why the explanation failed to occur to me I dont know,having friends and relations who are journalists I must have been aware of the reason!Perhaps I dont listen to others quite as closely as I should!In any case,I think it lends an air of quality to the article,as if the author were eager to finish the copy and get back to his/her copy of Tacitus:smile:.Not likely I know,Whatever,to answer your question.I bought my copy in Carlisle(ordered copy)and from what I can see,those on sale in WH Smith are the same.Made no difference to my enjoyment of the magazine in any case,indeed this month had a good deal of interest for me and that cant be said for some of the competition,none of which are a regular purchase for me nowadays.My newsagent tells me that he sells more copies of Bikes etc.than either Active or Plus so you must be doing something right!By the way,thanks for the Profile message,if my scanner plays ball I ll try and respond.:okay:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Whatever,to answer your question.I bought my copy in Carlisle(ordered copy)and from what I can see,those on sale in WH Smith are the same.

I've just realised that you were referring to the scores panel at the side of the page - I thought you meant the main body of the review. It actually is filler text in the scores box... oops! So there would be no point me sending out a replacement copy since it would be exactly the same.

Sorry!

I know why it slipped through the net on this occasion but I'm not going to make any excuses or blame anyone. It's one of those things that happens occasionally, but it shouldn't and it won't happen again!

It could have been worse, at least it was just a sidebar - I've seen mags/newspapers go to press with "Main headline goes here" and such like.

Made no difference to my enjoyment of the magazine in any case,indeed this month had a good deal of interest for me and that cant be said for some of the competition,none of which are a regular purchase for me nowadays.My newsagent tells me that he sells more copies of Bikes etc.than either Active or Plus so you must be doing something right!

That's great to hear, thanks.

OP
OP
H

Hyslop

Veteran
I've just realised that you were referring to the scores panel at the side of the page - I thought you meant the main body of the review. It actually is filler text in the scores box... oops! So there would be no point me sending out a replacement copy since it would be exactly the same.

Sorry!

I know why it slipped through the net on this occasion but I'm not going to make any excuses or blame anyone. It's one of those things that happens occasionally, but it shouldn't and it won't happen again!

It could have been worse, at least it was just a sidebar - I've seen mags/newspapers go to press with "Main headline goes here" and such like.

That's great to hear, thanks.
I am sorry,just realized how unclear my post was.How b****y stupid-caused you no end of problems no doubt.My unreserved apologies to you all.Note to self-youre the one who should check over your posts.

I've seen mags/newspapers go to press with "Main headline goes here" and such like.

Headline-glasgow.jpg

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
How b****y stupid-caused you no end of problems no doubt.

Not at all, don't worry about it.

Top Bottom