Laughing Heavy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Legendary Member
Tetedelacourse said:
Got totally drookit last night going home. Was dry until 4 miles from home. I could see both the edge of the cloud and what I was heading for. Jacket and overshoes were in my bag as it was warm, hadn’t even put the waterproof scrotum over my bag. Eventually stopped at the tolls on the Forth Road Bridge to pull that on but I was already wet through so decided no jacket and no overshoes. The shower I got caught in was laughing heavy – that sort you just piss yourself in cos it’s so ridiculous. Was “fun” coming off the north end of the bridge at 50kph and not being able to see a thing due to water and steamed up shades! Got home looking like Gollum.;)

I guess that's one of my "12" ahem soakings of the year.

Anyone else get soaked yesterday?

Is this not being totally irresponsible?

spen666;41216][quote name= said:
Was “fun” coming off the north end of the bridge at 50kph and not being able to see a thing due to water and steamed up shades![/B] Got home looking like Gollum.;)

Is this not being totally irresponsible?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, that's only 31mph, I touched 38 mph last night going down Bushey high street and it was pouring down!!

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Eat MY Dust;41311][quote name= said:
Tetedelacourse' said:
Got totally drookit last night going home. Was dry until 4 miles from home. I could see both the edge of the cloud and what I was heading for. Jacket and overshoes were in my bag as it was warm' date=' hadn’t even put the waterproof scrotum over my bag. Eventually stopped at the tolls on the Forth Road Bridge to pull that on but I was already wet through so decided no jacket and no overshoes. The shower I got caught in was laughing heavy – that sort you just piss yourself in cos it’s so ridiculous. [B']Was “fun” coming off the north end of the bridge at 50kph and not being able to see a thing due to water and steamed up shades![/B] Got home looking like Gollum.;)

I don't know, that's only 31mph, I touched 38 mph last night going down Bushey high street and it was pouring down!!

nah, cycle path with zero other users, no bends or obstacles. no risk to anyone but me which from a self preservation point of view was irresponsible:blush:

spen666

Legendary Member
Tetedelacourse;41380][quote name= said:
spen666;41216 said:
Tetedelacourse' said:
Got totally drookit last night going home. Was dry until 4 miles from home. I could see both the edge of the cloud and what I was heading for. Jacket and overshoes were in my bag as it was warm' date=' hadn’t even put the waterproof scrotum over my bag. Eventually stopped at the tolls on the Forth Road Bridge to pull that on but I was already wet through so decided no jacket and no overshoes. The shower I got caught in was laughing heavy – that sort you just piss yourself in cos it’s so ridiculous. [B']Was “fun” coming off the north end of the bridge at 50kph and not being able to see a thing due to water and steamed up shades![/B] Got home looking like Gollum.;)

nah, cycle path with zero other users, no bends or obstacles. no risk to anyone but me which from a self preservation point of view was irresponsible:blush:

Funny that, I mean I have never heard anyone in a motor vehicle use similar excuses

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

the cycle path is seperate from the carriageway by a 2 metre gap and an iron fence. And I was on my bike. Chances of me doing any damage to anyone other than me were zip.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Pretty wet yesterday on the way in, same again the day before. Mildly wet on the way home yesterday (although there was an insanely heavy shower just after I got in)

spen666

Legendary Member
Tetedelacourse said:
the cycle path is seperate from the carriageway by a 2 metre gap and an iron fence. And I was on my bike. Chances of me doing any damage to anyone other than me were zip.

exactly the same sort of arguments motorists use to justify drivining at excess speed.

If your visibility was such that you were not "able to see a thing due to water and steamed up shades", then riding at 50kph is both silly and dangerous.

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

silly and dangerous to me yes. To anyone else, no.

I wasn't wearing a helmet either:eek:

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse said:
silly and dangerous to me yes. To anyone else, no.

I wasn't wearing a helmet either:eek:

no wait, I see now:tongue:. If I couldn't see a thing I couldn't see if anyone was in the way or not. :ohmy:

On reflection, either I lied or it was both silly and dangerous.:ohmy:

Top Bottom