Laura W*nker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I just googled Gerhard F*cker on google.de (click on the Seiten aus Deutschland option) and although doesn't appear, you just scroll down the list and their are loads of them: Kai, Günter and so on. It's very childishly amusing.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Used to be an Austrian company (maybe still is) called fiddle Warengesellenschaft (apologies if I got spelling wrong)

For some reason they appeared in a list of our customers above a UK company where worked a gentleman called Mr. Seaman

Childish i know but it always amused us.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
When I worked for Nortel one of my American contacts was Randy Goodnight and in the DWP we had a long term disability customer called Ivor Payne.

Also I remember driving behind a lorry belonging to a company called "Pastor Frigor"

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I remember when one of the big bosses from America came to visit the UK arm of the operation (they always used to come over for little jaunts, we never got to visit them in Alabama (not sure that's too much of a problem)).

Anyway, this redneck American chappie strides up to me and says in a very strong Southern accent, "Hi, I'm Randy".

Somehow I kept a straight face.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Just remembered another - my Dad had a teacher at High School in the late 1950's called Hugh Flucker.

Poor bloke ended up changing his name by deed-poll after a few years of torment from the kids.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
when i was freelancing at mbna there was, on the international company phone list, a pinkie kuntz and a randy blackman.

i currently have a contact in germany, surname of fuchs. it's funny when he says it :ohmy:

Tony

Rhythm Thief said:
There used to be a bloke on the C+ forum whose username was "Dickie". As I remember, his posts appeared under the name "Flowerbedsie" as the C+ auto censor automatically edited his name.
As my post above shows, even inserting formatting tags doesn't work here. I'm sure it used to.
Anyway, as a mod I'm supposed to be setting an example.;)
I remember that autocensor producing "Sflowerhorpe"....

I am presently dealing with a colleague whose first name is Kumkum.

Brains

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
Just remembered another - my Dad had a teacher at High School in the late 1950's called Hugh Flucker.

Poor bloke ended up changing his name by deed-poll after a few years of torment from the kids.

Did he become the headmaster at Brambletye ? "Hugh Cocke"
really! http://www.brambletye.co.uk/governors_and_staff.php

His wife L.C Cocke (Holds the Cocke)

If you are aged between 8 and 13 (age of all the pupils) then this is of course hilarious. A headmaster that does not need a nickname, must be a first.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
This morning I wanted to send an email to someone whose first name is Steve. Normally I'd start with the surname and wait for the autocomplete to pick the name from the (enormous) international addressbook.

But today I started with Steve, except I typed Seve..

The addressbook returned "Severe Fanny"

Dave5N

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
There used to be a bloke on the C+ forum whose username was "Dickie". As I remember, his posts appeared under the name "Flowerbedsie" as the C+ auto censor automatically edited his name.
As my post above shows, even inserting formatting tags doesn't work here. I'm sure it used to.
Anyway, as a mod I'm supposed to be setting an example
.;)

Ooh! Hark at you. The most self-consciously Mod since Bradley Wiggins.

Top Bottom