Lawn Bowls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I am noticing there are an increasing number of guys I used to play football with/against taking up lawn bowls; there have been a few pics of lawn bowls clubs in local 'paper recently and I have spotted them...

Surely that's just admitting your life is over? :becool::biggrin:

I mean FFS! Slacks, blazers, comfy shoes and flat caps! :o)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Yeah - and they'll be listening to Radio 2 and visiting gardens this summer :becool:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I'm seeing if I can mount a challenge to Greedo in terms of the number of crap threads started :becool:

I've given up already...:o)

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Spookily, I have just had a text from one of my mates saying: "I have just seen <enter name of bloke we played footie with> with a boolers jaiket and grey breeks on...WTF!?"

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Noodley said:
Spookily, I have just had a text from one of my mates saying: "I have just seen <enter name of bloke we played footie with> with a boolers jaiket and grey breeks on...WTF!?"

Ah that takes me back. especially Breeks :becool:

And no folks - he's not talking V or dual pivot..........

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My dad used to play it when I thought he was old (i.e. from his late 40s, like what I am now)... he called it Old Man's Marbles :smile:

zacklaws

Guru
I've been playing for about the past 6 years, and that was after years of deliberation of taking it up. Sadly I do not have the time to play these days much, as it can be a very relaxing game on a summers evening after work, and if I could I would try to be on the green everyday.

If you think its an easy game, then you know little about the game, it takes lots of practise to get very consistent with the shots, and as for fitness, it can become quite a chore with walking up and down the green for a couple of hours during a match.

I realised my life was over when hills became too hard to climb on a double and invested in a triple.

Top Bottom