Layback on a Brompton seat post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tango

i have a brooks saddle on my Brompton, but can’t seem to get it to go back far enough. Is there an adapter available that I can use that will allow the seat to be further back?

Many thanks

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
IIRC Brompton suggest limiting rearward placing of saddle due risk of bending the seat post.

chriscross1966

Über Member
The Pentaclip does offer you four choices that extend the reach in hi or low forward and back.... there used to be a wierd little stub thing to push the saddle forward.... I've got one somewhere, I assumed fitted back to front it would extend backward

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think @Fab Foodie has something akin to what you're after.
You are correct! @Tango

https://www.avonvalleycyclery.co.uk/70/products/brompton-seatpin-adapter.aspx

IMG_4420.JPG

12boy

Guru
Are there any bad effects from sitting further back you have noticed? Knee strain, handling issues, or some other issue? I have seen a lot of pics of Bromptons with that little stubby thing facing forward and wondered if that position is desirable for some reason.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Are there any bad effects from sitting further back you have noticed? Knee strain, handling issues, or some other issue? I have seen a lot of pics of Bromptons with that little stubby thing facing forward and wondered if that position is desirable for some reason.
Just depends what shape you are and how you like to ride. Being long backed and short legged I need to sit further back, hence layback seatposts on all standard bikes and a custom bike with a shallow seat-tube.
The Brommie is effectively a one-size-fits-all machine.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
It does increase the folded size a bit. That's probably why the factory position is rammed forward. Also, only the standard seatpost gives the smallest folded size, but is a bit short for most men.

Top Bottom