layers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I love merino myself, after reading recommendations from this forum. Bought tops from 2nd hand stores. Real cold chasers. I don't ride much outdoors below 20 F, though.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
My advice is don't get too hung up about achieving climatic perfection.

Inevitably, you will be cold to start with, a bit too hot when you get going, and clammy cold when you stop - all to a greater or lesser extent.

I think we've all spent lots of money on items of clothing which are supposed to achieve everything, but never do.

So stick to layering, and don't believe what it says on the label.
^^^^ This.
Experiment to find what works for you.
Temperature per se is a poor indicator of what you need anyhow, dry-cold is very different to damp cold for example. Wind chill is another factor. It's hard to get it right all the time, but flexible layering helps.

outlash

also available in orange
So many variables to give a definitive answer. For example, yesterday me & a friend went out on an off road ride. He was in 3/4 bibs, baselayer and long sleeve Jersey while I was in full length bibs, baselayer, jacket and a waterproof shell.
I suffer from cold hands and feet so I make sure they're well wrapped up, other than that I've got a selection of baselayers, jerseys & jackets that pretty much covers me for any weather. Getting the right combination though is another matter :smile:.

Tony.

Top Bottom