LB10SFJ very NSFW swears and tantrums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Thanks, I'd never heard of him.

GC

Lucky you.

U

User10571

Why I don't use Priory Lane bike path.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ606qPyFCw&feature=youtu.be

Blimey that's bad, I lost count at five junctions you have to cross plus the entrance to The Priory which is hooded by massive high walls to keep cocaine addicts in.

Don't be so scathing, if you can help it, of the cocaine addicts.
If they're in there, it is likely because they want to sort out their lives - or someone else wants to on their behalf.
Is yours crystal?
People.
Glass houses.
Casting stones.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Eh?
Scathocity.
What is that, please?
He means scathitude

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I use that bike path a fair bit. It's perfectly OK if it's not crowded and if you don't go bombing across the junctions. The rider who filmed the clip was going at a fair lick so he'd have been better off on the road......which is the point he was trying to make anyway.

Although never formalised, there used to be a useful "Code of Conduct" for cyclists from the DfT that was issued in 2004

It stated that:

Ride at a sensible speed for the situation and ensure you can stop in time. As a general rule, if you want to cycle quickly, say in excess of 18 mph/30 kph, then you should be riding on the road.

It was a useful document to wave.....

There was a " discussion" in the pub one night when I was asked why I did not use a particular cycle path, the driver was a "professional" so he knew that I should be using it.

Bring up PDF on phone, show the "professional" driver and express your concern that he is unaware of the DfT guidelines.

Works wonderfully as "evidence"(just forget to mention it was never formally introduced)

The link is here

classic33

Leg End Member
Although never formalised, there used to be a useful "Code of Conduct" for cyclists from the DfT that was issued in 2004

It stated that:

It was a useful document to wave.....

There was a " discussion" in the pub one night when I was asked why I did not use a particular cycle path, the driver was a "professional" so he knew that I should be using it.

Bring up PDF on phone, show the "professional" driver and express your concern that he is unaware of the DfT guidelines.

Works wonderfully as "evidence"(just forget to mention it was never formally introduced)

The link is here

A bit like a piece of the Highway Code?

Top Bottom