LDN Bridges and Beers Ride. June 14th.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'll be there in some shape or form so see you tomorrow. Will text you Andy if I can't get to HC.

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Adrian
anothersam
User (?)
ilb
Kevin Nolan
Mark Grant
rb 58
slowmotion
StuartG
Team Hatler (x4)
theclaud
TMN

Would the real Kevin Nolan please step forward...

article-2555690-1B58F0C700000578-866_634x461.jpg

StuartG

slower but further
I doubt we will be completely out of sight in three minutes.
Then I'll join the A-Listers on the 10:33 chasing hard.

rb58

Enigma
Thanks for organising Andy. And sorry to leave you all early - I had family commitments this afternoon, so was always leaving early. That was a new experience for me, and a thoroughly enjoyable one. I had no idea you could cycle so far, so close to the river. I shall be back to do that again. i hope @ttcycle and Mini Hatler are okay after the slow speed tumble on the cobbled hill - boy, that was slippy. Much of my riding recently has been head-down speedy mile munching and I made a conscious decision a coupe of weeks to re-introduce some more fun rides. This was perfect. All we needed was some sunshine! Hope the beer was good?

hatler

Guru
Yup. Joe is fine after the joint tumble. Sorry we had to leave early as well. I had hoped to continue on with just Joe but Lu had some other pressing stuff to attend to this afternoon which meant I had to deliver Izzy to her tennis session. Shame about the slight mizzle at the start, but otherwise that was all fun. We got straight on a train at Barnes and were back home in good time.

Many thanks Andy for organising. There were quite a few bits of London we'd never seen before. I'm always impressed that there is stuff as unkempt as that so close to the centre of town.

Apologies all for the straight on at Teddington Lock when we should have turned right. That was my fault as I hadn't realised I was at the front and had assumed that the cyclists who had gone straight on were part of our group.

What was slightly odd, was seeing all these familiar faces in the broad daylight and not being knackered.

Hope lunch was splendid and that you safely navigated your way to Tower Bridge and a couple more beers.

U

User10571

Thanks for organising Andy.
Apologies for neglecting to remember the 'bridges' aspect of the ride when we left The Ship.
Lovely to see peeps I've not seen for waaaaay to long.
The stiff breeze and lack of sunshine failed to put a damper on the day.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Thanks for dreaming up this ride Andy. Was good to cycle with people I haven't ridden with for a very long time. I have no idea how many bridges we traversed but the second half of the ride heading east had a very 'indeterminate route'.

My knees are hurting like hell now and walking up the stairs at home was not nice but I doubt if I'd gone home at Twickenham there would have been much improvement. I mean, if you're going to fall off on cobbles, do it three times is my recommendation.

45.5 miles and very nice it was. Ride with you fine people again soon (they're probably still getting pissed in the pub).

Top Bottom