LDN Bridges and Beers Ride. June 14th.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LuvlyOranges

Hi there. I'm Kevin Nolan, one of the chaps from the Anerley CTC group. I just heard about this ride and would love to come along. So folks are meeting at Hampton Court station tomorrow at 10:30am?

U

User10571

So how would it be received if I pitched up at The Ship, just to join you for some lunch?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hi there. I'm Kevin Nolan, one of the chaps from the Anerley CTC group. I just heard about this ride and would love to come along. So folks are meeting at Hampton Court station tomorrow at 10:30am?
That is the plan as I understand it. Welcome. iLB is in charge. I assume that means he will ask you if you want to be on The List.

Last edited:

StuartG

slower but further
Kevin - great you can make it. See you at HC or possibly on the chuff chuff from Clapham Junction. I plan to be Bromptoneering.

hatler

Guru
So how would it be received if I pitched up at The Ship, just to join you for some lunch?
Another vote for 'that would be good' from here too.

U

User10571

A question, RP has a hill but is the ride mostly flat? Trying to work out whether to ride gears/fixed if I can make it
Grace, You'll eat the hill in RP on fixed, no trouble.
The rest of the ride is not far off sea level, and descending.....
Hope to see you there...

Last edited by a moderator:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I was thinking of going fixed too, but that depends on whether I have time to dust it off and pump it up.

Why's it dusty?! Tut tut.

User10571- I am not friends with hills in general and been off the bike for over a week so bit meh. Unfortunately saddles on all the bikes are doing my head in, trying a new one on the fixed and it's all a nightmare.

Toying with the idea of being a lazy git and turning up for lunch (ETA at The Ship or Butler's Wharf?) or joining the ride at another point as probably need a lie in.

U

User10571

User10571- I am not friends with hills in general and been off the bike for over a week so bit meh. Unfortunately saddles on all the bikes are doing my head in, trying a new one on the fixed and it's all a nightmare.

Toying with the idea of being a lazy git and turning up for lunch (ETA at The Ship or Butler's Wharf?) or joining the ride at another point as probably need a lie in.
Turn up whenever / wherever you can.
It'll be lovely to see you.
The Ship @ 12:30
Butlers Wharf - No idea, Someone else can help

hatler

Guru

One of the hatlers is 12, so we're not exactly going to be ripping along.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
It's not the pace that's an issue, just spending miles on saddles that are torture instruments fills me with dread. It's getting worse rather than better. 12 miles one way for work I can handle but longer might be a problem.

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Suppose I should write this list down on an actual piece of paper, and learn the route, and work out how to get to HC.

Phone number coming.

Top Bottom