Le Domestique Tours - "KoM TdF" tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Have any of you done this? I have heaps of long-service leave accumulated with my employer, and was considering a European cycling holiday, and this tour, for me, is the ultimate week on a bike. I may have mentioned before that I love cycling up mountains, the bigger the better.

http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk/tours/KOM/

http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/KoM-TdF-Presentation.compressed.pdf

So if any of you can tell me more about this, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Crankarm

Guru
I wouldn't pay for those 'tours' when you can ride those roads for free at your own pace.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
For free? Hardly. If you read page 15 of the PDF, there are quite a few things included. Ideal for someone completely unfamiliar with the area such as myself. If you read my CC sig location, you'll notice that I don't exactly live nearby.
If I went there myself, I'd have to organise all that myself, pay for my own meals and accommodation, etc. Or I could just pay someone else to take care of all these details.

Thanks for the reply, though, I appreciate you commenting.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
For free? Hardly. If you read page 15 of the PDF, there are quite a few things included. Ideal for someone completely unfamiliar with the area such as myself. If you read my CC sig location, you'll notice that I don't exactly live nearby.
If I went there myself, I'd have to organise all that myself, pay for my own meals and accommodation, etc. Or I could just pay someone else to take care of all these details.

I organise my own tours. Jannie and I have been all over Europe. Organising the tours to fit our needs, interests and budget is all part of fun and we can do it a fraction of the price Tour companies charge. Paying the middle man is what sucks all your funds.

You can look at the tours and they will tell you exactly what their day to day intinery is and so a lot of your route is already sorted. There are lots of accomodation sites and you can eat where you choose.

Its only my opinion but I wouldnt pay a stack of cash to someone for a job I enjoy doing myself.

Crankarm

Guru

Yes for free. AFAIK the roads they ride on are all public roads.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Yes for free. AFAIK the roads they ride on are all public roads.
You missed my point. It will cost me quite a bit of money to ride those roads, not because I'm paying to ride them, but because I have to pay for meals, accommodation, and of course transport there and back. It seems clear though that you just want to argue, so feel free to, I just won't be reading your posts any more.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Please, can anyone tell me anything about this tour company? If I book this tour, it will have to be soon, otherwise I'll be too late and have to wait another year.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It is the same as booking a package holiday through Thompsons or similar.
Absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Some folk want it all laid on and organized, some want to sort it out themselves...

If you want to do it, go for it :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
And I just had a reply from one of them....
"yep, been on several trips including a raid and their KOM tour. Very well organised. Will be going on more this year".

Top Bottom