Le Domestique Tours - "KoM TdF" tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
You missed my point. It will cost me quite a bit of money to ride those roads, not because I'm paying to ride them, but because I have to pay for meals, accommodation, and of course transport there and back. It seems clear though that you just want to argue, so feel free to, I just won't be reading your posts any more.

You are the one who seems to want to argue. You asked for advice which I gave. It's a public forum. If you wanted to go on a package holiday why didn't you say? But I still stand by my advice that riding those roads doing it yourself would be far more enjoyable imho as I have done this in both the Pyrenees and the Alps staying in hostels, chamber d'hotes and camping which was not particularly hard to arrange. But each to their own.

But wouldn't you have to pay for meals, accommodation and transport there and back anyway irrespective of whether you went on a package tour or went solo? On the popular climbs there are always quite a few other cyclists around so you are never alone anyway. You could of course team up with some one but then you might have to compromise on itinery and pace.

classic33

Leg End Member
Have any of you done this? I have heaps of long-service leave accumulated with my employer, and was considering a European cycling holiday, and this tour, for me, is the ultimate week on a bike. I may have mentioned before that I love cycling up mountains, the bigger the better.

http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk/tours/KOM/

http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/KoM-TdF-Presentation.compressed.pdf

So if any of you can tell me more about this, I'd appreciate it, thanks.
Does the cost include your airfares to and from Australia?

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Does the cost include your airfares to and from Australia?
From the web site (so the answer to your question is: no):
For full details of what is included in each tour please see the relevant page of our website, however all our tours include unrivalled knowledge and expertise, fully guided and supported riding (close follow support provided by at least one vehicle), mechanical support, accommodation (based on sharing a room with one other person), dinners and breakfasts, transfers of your luggage and bike box between the hotels each day (where relevant) and airport transfers for you and your bike box.

From an email they sent me (and their replies to my emails were very prompt and helpful):
As part of our compliance with the Package Travel Regulations, all our riders are protected if, in the very unlikely event, LDT suffers a financial failure. As part of this package we ensure that each of your payments to us is protected and that you will also be repatriated to the UK if this occurs during your tour with us. This gives riders peace of mind that your money is protected, which is not something that many cycling tour operators comply with.

I wouldn't expect that price to include airfares to/from Australia, anyway, because that's a sizeable fare due to the distance.

classic33

Leg End Member
From the web site (so the answer to your question is: no):

From an email they sent me (and their replies to my emails were very prompt and helpful):

I wouldn't expect that price to include airfares to/from Australia, anyway, because that's a sizeable fare due to the distance.
You get sent here if they fold?

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Me & a bunch of mates did a Pyrenean C2C with them last year. We've done self supported tours in remote regions in the past but decided we wanted more of a holiday where we could just ride and let someone else take care of all the buggeration.
Le Domestique were brilliant. We didn't have to lift a finger from Atlantic to Mediterranean; it was probably the most enjoyable ride I've ever done.

^^^agree 100%^^^
And regardless of the distance to get to europe, after a days riding on this type of tour, the last thing I'd want to worry about is thinking of where I might to rest my head or fill my belly. Chacun à son gout.
Good luck. Plenty of time to get fit?!

400bhp

Guru
Bearing in mind you'll be thousands of miles from home, riding unknown roads in a country where English isn't necessarily spoken, I think supported is an eminently sensible way to go. Sure it'll cost more than if you did it all independently but look upon that as an insurance premium in case something goes wrong.

And, actually the prices don't look that bad.

Hi All

It's Laura from Le Domestique Tours here, having just found this thread on google.

First of all of course we understand that a fully organised package isn't for everyone, but it's great to hear the LDT recommendations from various users on here for those looking for a fully supported package of the type we offer.

We work incredibly hard to ensure that our customer services levels are the highest in the industry and have just relaunched our website to ensure all the information you need is readily available. That being said we also wanted to introduce ourselves on the thread and let everyone know that we are more than happy to answer any questions or queries either here or by contacting us through email/our website.

Many thanks

Laura

Le Domestique Tours

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Hi All

It's Laura from Le Domestique Tours here, having just found this thread on google.

First of all of course we understand that a fully organised package isn't for everyone, but it's great to hear the LDT recommendations from various users on here for those looking for a fully supported package of the type we offer.

We work incredibly hard to ensure that our customer services levels are the highest in the industry and have just relaunched our website to ensure all the information you need is readily available. That being said we also wanted to introduce ourselves on the thread and let everyone know that we are more than happy to answer any questions or queries either here or by contacting us through email/our website.

Many thanks

Laura

Le Domestique Tours
Hi, there. :hello: See you in 6 months. :okay:

Top Bottom