Mini tours 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tour of the Moors is entertaining. Four days around the N. Yorks Park. Or is that too long?
Or too steep!! :whistle:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
My mini tour was this weekend and, given the storm, I decided to pivot. The plan was to ride from Bath to Wells, to stay overnight and then ride back the next day. Only 25 miles ish each way but that’s fine for January! However given the forecast and the winds today I decided to hike and run instead. It was still fun but I’m sad not to have loaded my bike and ridden!!

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
My mini tour was this weekend and, given the storm, I decided to pivot. The plan was to ride from Bath to Wells, to stay overnight and then ride back the next day. Only 25 miles ish each way but that’s fine for January! However given the forecast and the winds today I decided to hike and run instead. It was still fun but I’m sad not to have loaded my bike and ridden!!

Thanks, Cathryn; I've been looking for a mini tour route for next weekend, and you have inspired me!

My version is train to Bristol, cycle to Bath, cycle to Wells then on day 2 cycle home to Taunton.

We do mainly weekends away in the van. Nothing too far away and aways to get out on the bikes. A few already planned for April and May👍🏻

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Thanks, Cathryn; I've been looking for a mini tour route for next weekend, and you have inspired me!

My version is train to Bristol, cycle to Bath, cycle to Wells then on day 2 cycle home to Taunton.

I'm so glad. Wells is lovely. Would recommend the premier inn (every room has a bath!) and there are two fantastic cafes - Strangers with Coffee (for coffee and cake) and Loaf (for brunch).

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm so glad. Wells is lovely. Would recommend the premier inn (every room has a bath!) and there are two fantastic cafes - Strangers with Coffee (for coffee and cake) and Loaf (for brunch).

I used to work in Wells. Lunchtime wanders around the city were a pleasure.

Thanks for the tip about the Premier Inn.

mikeIow

Guru
I used to work in Wells. Lunchtime wanders around the city were a pleasure.

Thanks for the tip about the Premier Inn.

My LEJoG took me through Wells….what a lovely place for a spot of light lunch (possibly at the Bishop’s Eye), but by ‘eck there was a vicious hill to leave the place 🤣

Top Bottom