Le Mans 24 hour race.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I've sort of accidentally found myself here for the Thursday qualifying session - and it has been great! They even let people in with bikes, so mine has accompanied me.

It has been a fine afternoon's entertainment, but I'm not so sure I could be bothered to sit through 24 hours of it.
If I can figure out how to add pics from phone I will edit....

Only in laid back France would they let you get this close to the cars, and on a bike!

IMG_20180614_131645.jpg

IMG_20180614_124947.jpg

IMG_20180614_125549_9.jpg

Last edited:

swansonj

Guru
Sitting through 24 hours of it was on my bucket list.

I ticked it off in 1991 or 2.

I enjoyed every moment of it, it was brilliant, it was emotional, it was an all enveloping affirming experience. Watching the two Jaguars in 1 and 2 positions pull out of the pits for the final time in formation at 23 3/4 hours knowing that I had been with them every minute of the way is indelibly printed in my psyche.

I have no particular desire to repeat.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Been there done it and enjoyed it and all before all these stupid regulations

stood on the side of the armco with cars whizzing past at stupid speed in the dark is fantastic now days you are at least 15 feet away from the track

Milkfloat

An Peanut
This is the first year I have missed it in 10, and i started going more than 20 years ago. The last few years we have been sponsoring a team and I have been looking after customers. to be honest with only one team in LMP-1 I don't think this will be a classic, although last year was interesting with LMP-2 coming close to beating LMP-1.

You can still get pretty close to the action, even more so on the Mulsanne after dark if you are willing to go 'cross country' in stealth mode.
N7K_4006.jpg
N7K_4126.jpg
N7K_3526.jpg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
As long as Toyota don’t breakdown they will win.
They are the only LMP1 hybrid entered and all non hybrids have been artificially handicapped to ensure they can’t beat the hybrid.
Seems a bit pointless to me.
The only interesting thing is whether the Toyota b car is told to go slower that the a car to ensure Alonso wins.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Remember when the cars were built like planes. It was not uncommon for them to just flip.

View: https://youtu.be/e21ZjwZGjiQ

Top Bottom