Le Mans 24 hour race.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
That will be impressive since they haven’t entered a team.
One of their drivers
i.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Went a couple of times in the 90s but prefer to watch on TV these days (but I always go to Silverstone for the 6hr race for the same cars)

Only problem this year is that Eurosport have brought Carlton Kirby back to the commentry team so I'll have to try and sync the Radio Le Mans coverage with tthe TV pictures.

classic33

Leg End Member
To date, Mazda is the only Japanese manufacturer to win, its 787B triumphing in 1991 with Johnny Herbert/Bertrand Gachot/Volker Weidler.

The car is also the only one with a rotary engine to win.

Alonso's Toyota now has Pole Position.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Is part of the track still a public road? If so, I think I went down a section of the course in about 1972.

View: https://youtu.be/IpRFagIbcPE

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Is part of the track still a public road? If so, I think I went down a section of the course in about 1972.
Indeed it is, apart from the short section through the grandstands, stop/start line and pit area. On a previous visit here about 6 years ago I cycled around the public road section of the circuit.

I think there's still 2 more years of the current regs.

If you remove all the bells and whistles, it's really only aero changes, not drivetrain, as they're going from prototype body shape to silhouette.

Fabby race though, I'm all le mans-ed out.

+1 feeling sorry for JB. To get an obviously sick car that far into the race only for the engine to go *bang* in the last hour is heartbreaking.

My moment of the race was Fernando's night time stint after Buemi's penalty. That was just... sublime...

Top Bottom