le tour 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Tickets for what? Backstage access sort of thing, or one of those stage based holidays?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Some almost useless information:

All we know so far is that it starts in Dusseldorf.
Last year, the details of the first few stages of this year's edition in Manche were announced in September.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If you want to see the tour I'd suggest you wait til the route is announced, do some research on the different areas, pick somewhere within cycling range of several stages, book accommodation, and go for a cycling/tour watching break. No tickets required. Brush up on your French too (or other appropriate local language). It's all about soaking up the atmosphere. What cycling you do see will be very brief. Zoom! And they're gone.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
If you want to see the tour I'd suggest you wait til the route is announced, do some research on the different areas, pick somewhere within cycling range of several stages, book accommodation, and go for a cycling/tour watching break. No tickets required. Brush up on your French too (or other appropriate local language). It's all about soaking up the atmosphere. What cycling you do see will be very brief. Zoom! And they're gone.
I agree with learning the lingo . Heres a few tips to help you out ....
Un beer please
doux beer please
for three or more just hold up your fingers and point to the beer .
When paying for the said beer just look at the barman/ woman with a blank stare and hold out your hand with lots of money in it .

Last edited by a moderator:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
^^^ what they say.

Most of the backstage stuff is corporate and the organised trips that get you backstage can cost upwards of £500 so personally i never bother.

Do you research on the stages when it all gets announced in October, pick one or more and go. No tickets required to get in. The atmosphere is electric. Last years start in Utrecht was a time trial and compared to other non TT starts i saw more but saw less of the riders if that makes sense.

Top Bottom