Le Tour Stage 7 - **Spoiler**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

He also said he wants to win!

Besides, I think it was a case of couldn't rather than wouldn't! :evil:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh...kept away from here till I watched ITV4..

Brad Wiggins...what a ride...right then 10kg weight loss....... flippin eck....

Astana plans...well the orders were probably who ever go's and Contador just went for it......seriously doubt Lance would have been able to that........

Canchellara's (or how ever spelt) descent was awesome........FFS

Nah....Lance is a master tactician; He knew Bertie wouldn't catch the eventual Maillot jaune winner (forget his name! oops!), and needed only to keep within few seconds of losing 20 or so seconds, which he did.... it was a wasted effort by Bertie wasn't it?

LA wins 8 this year.......!

( I'll get my livestrong jacket........)

yello said:
He also said he wants to win!

Besides, I think it was a case of couldn't rather than wouldn't! ;)
Funny, but St LA couldn't even muster a 'yup, that went to plan' or anything similar in the post-race interview. He looked like he was really struggling to say something neutral. Personally he looked just the way I like him, pissed off and 2nd best.

onthe_road

yello - I'm not LA so can't tell if he could or not, the fact is he kept to his word and the spanish forums are all chapeaus to him
stoatsngroats - LA tweeted whinging about having to descend 27 or so km to hotel. I think it's sign he's too mangled for an 8th...
contador i think was pretty cunning - he could have gone from 4km back but seemed to have gone when he was sure neither him nor LA would finish in yellow

Paul_L

Über Member
awesome climb by Wiggins. Go Bradders!!

Top 10 GC?

Wiggins had an awesome day for a Brit - but Boardman and Millar both had good days in the mountains but couldn't sustain that level of performance so for me the jury is still out.

Will1985

Über Member
Got a feeling that Contador wasn't following orders. Astana had it wrapped up under control and none of them needed to waste any energy today. Contador looked like a smirking kid thinking "I'll show them".

Also, debut of the new Giro helmet today - looks quite retro compared the the more recent offerings of Atmos and Ionos. I think the back looks a bit flimsy, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is recommended only for racing. Surely a helmet that small and light won't protect as well in the event of an everyday riding type crash (with a car?).

yello

onthe_road said:
the fact is he kept to his word and the spanish forums are all chapeaus to him

Armstrong"s word? He's no different to many in this respect - his word will change to suit the situation and circumstances! Many are singing his praises, not just some on Spanish forums, but it doesn't make it so. Only Armstrong knows the truth, and he is a tactician, but my belief is he would have gone after Contador if he was able. Nothing else makes sense to me.

contador i think was pretty cunning - he could have gone from 4km back but seemed to have gone when he was sure neither him nor LA would finish in yellow

I agree that Contador played it canny but I'm not sure I entirely follow that. I think Contador would have wanted yellow, he's only 6 seconds back and I don't think riders can time things THAT precisely! I think he attacked when he thought he could make it stick and move himself up the GC; not just to take time out of Armstrong but other GC contenders too.

But I don't want my own interest in the Astana situation to overshadow a superb effort by Wiggins. Let's hope he can keep it going!

mr-marty-martin

onthe_road said:
yello - I'm not LA so can't tell if he could or not, the fact is he kept to his word and the spanish forums are all chapeaus to him
stoatsngroats - LA tweeted whinging about having to descend 27 or so km to hotel. I think it's sign he's too mangled for an 8th...

this was said in a jokingly manor if you read it propalys...

Top Bottom