Le Tour.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Sean was the voice of sanity in the days of Duffers duffing

PaulB

Legendary Member
I can't listen to Sean Kelly\s voice without feeling an overwhelming compulsion to say 'Forgive me father for I have sinned'. He sounds more like a priest than Father O'Connor of the parish of Limerick-in-Dublin on Cork.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Last night we watched the ITV highlights recorded so were able to fast forward through the ads leaving.... what..... about 35 minutes of action and almost 10 minutes of waffle. ITV must have paid a very cheap price for the coverage they get.

I don't mind the coverage on ITV4. the bit that Chris Boardman is doing about the effects of wind etc. on the riders is quite interesting and he seems like quite a personable guy. Sherwan and Liggett make a pretty good team as well.

Have to agree with Globalti about last night though, the highlights left me feeling a bit short changed. Granted, bugger all happens for a large part of the stage but they seemed to get to the last 30km or so pretty quickly last night.

i think Boardman and Boulting are doing a great double act. Ned is a very good stooge... as for the commentary team - they are terrible. Imlach is still very good and doesn't seem to have ages from the C4 years - he must have a hell of a portrait in his attic.

there are to many ad breaks on the hghlights show, or so it seems.

i met Ned last year on le Tour and he was a top bloke.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Jesus so Eurosport has more advert breaks than ITV4?!:ohmy: i thought they were bad enough!!

I too love the bright blue bikes, are they Binachi's?,and as for the polka dot helmet,jersey,shorts and socks...brilliant!!!^_^

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Jesus so Eurosport has more advert breaks than ITV4?!:ohmy: i thought they were bad enough!!

I too love the bright blue bikes, are they Binachi's?,and as for the polka dot helmet,jersey,shorts and socks...brilliant!!!^_^

No, they're Treks
To the Irish geezer please it is not PELE TONE,it is PELE TON.
To the Meanwood geezer - it is PELO TON

Top Bottom