Lead time for booking European cycling tours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Note to mods: I posted in the General sub-forum instead of the touring one only because fewer people read the latter, and because my planned tour is a long way away yet. I hope this is acceptable?

I have long-service leave accumulated, and am now considering using up some of it by doing a European cycling tour. Alpe d'Huez, Mont Ventoux, etc. are little more than names to me, but I intend to rectify that oversight, by cycling up them! :biggrin: I was planning on September next year some time.

Can any of you who have done group cycling tours, i.e. organised by a company, tell me what the lead time is for booking them? In other words, how far in advance do I need to book? If you can recommend any good tours, that would also be great :smile:. Ideally one that lasts a few weeks and involves heaps of climbs up mountains :hyper:.

By the way, a stopover in London (or thereabouts) would also be somewhere on my itinerary, so I could see some CCers in person :thumbsup:, perhaps join you on a few rides, e.g. Cragg Vale Hill or something similar?

Regards,

--- Victor.

classic33

Leg End Member
@victor
It'd be a nice ride upto Yorkshire from London, just to do the Crag Vale climb.
Go for it.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Oops, I'd forgotten Cragg Vale is quite a hike from London, perhaps train/plane to Manchester would be needed, then getting a hire bike? Anyway, I'd like to stopover somewhere in the UK on my way to Europe.

Top Bottom