Learner drivers and their instructors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

A car pulled alongside me today, instructor with student driver. The drive was wearing a hoodie, with the hood up. I motioned to the instructor that maybe this wasn't a great idea. Her response? She shrugged.

I despair. I don't have the name of the driving school, it wasn't one of the big ones.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've had several experiences with learner drivers under instruction from a "professional" that have left me shaking my head.

The student driver you could, if being charitable, cut some slack - they are learning after all. The driving instructors though have no excuses and should have intervened much earlier (or at all!) in each instance

I looked into the car beside me at the lights one day last week, driver was a young lad with his hood up , as he turned his head to look left his head moved but his hood didn't which left him staring at the inside of his hood , how can anyone think its ok to drive like that:wacko:

I don't know but it explains their driving style...

alicat

Legendary Member
I was leading a small group ride down a twisty country lane one Saturday morning. We were being followed by a learner driver in a driving school car who shortly after started to overtake the group on the first bend. A lad in his 20s emerged from the other direction doing 40mph+ in a sporty VW Golf. I heard a bang behind me and feared the worst.

It turned out that the group was okay but the boy racer had gone up into the hedge to avoid a collision and had hit a gate post. He was having a go at the learner driver and his instructor. I intervened and pointed out that the boy racer was going far too fast for the conditions and that since he had a baby in a car seat in the back he wasn't in a position to start blaming others for his predicament. I announced 'Nothing to see here' and we went on to our coffee stop.

Someone in the group thought the instructor was doing a foreigner and that did seem likely.

I wouldn't have liked to be the lad explaining to his mum and girlfriend that he had crashed his mum's car with his baby in the back. ^_^

Top Bottom