Learning Curve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thankyou for taking the time to do that jefmcg (how do you get names highlighted:huh:). Yes the cross levers are brilliant, though with the new calipers I think I could have coped without them, but they do offer another position which is good for my weak wrists. You're right and I do enjoy the bike, its so light, it's just a bit of niggle really with the gears. I should have complained to Evans right away, I know now as like you say it hadn't been checked properly. I'm a bit soft and hate complaining but then the outcome could have been more serious so I suppose I should bring their attention to it. I haven't ridden it all week as the weather has been so crap so I've had the hybrid out so will ride it once more so I can explain exactly what is happening and give them a ring.
Just put the @ in front of someones username and it pops up when you post @Lilmo (it doesn't go blue til you post it)

OP
OP
T

Twinks

Über Member
Ahaaa:thanks:

OP, I am assuming that it is a new bike that you bought. Firstly Cannondale is reputable as they come and all their models including entry levels ones should not have problems at all. The components are absolutely fine as I have checked the specs and they are standard. As others have indicated the cassette is Shimano. These mechanical setup with these components have been there for some years now. So in terms of components and setup, not new at all.

My sense is that it was assembled poorly by the retailer as these are shipped in parts and assembled by retailers including forks, handlebars, brakes,chains etc. The handle bar not turning the front wheel, brakes not working on descent are shockers and add to that a poorly indexed gears etc are all tell tale signs of poor workmanship and has nothing to do with the parts or manufacturer.

Looks like the LBS guy is either incompetent or taking you for a spin. The Shimano Sora groupset though entry level has been a mainstay and is part of any LBS entry level staff 101. And the cassette in the Sora range is absolutely fine so are other well known components such as FSA etc. Would also ignore the handlebar remarks as you have mentioned that you not hulked.

I would drop a note to Cannonade in the US and just candidly list what you experienced.

No upgrade needed. good bike with good stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom