Learning the hard way - I just spent 17 hours on the bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maurice

Great story, thanks for sharing. I could really picture it when you were about to crack on the side of the motorway. I bet that petrol station was a sight to see!

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Well done. There's little else you could have done with 17 hours that would have generated such a great narrative. Awesome achievement, if a little close to the edge! :evil:

RedBike

Thats it no option. not only do i have to cycle on a motorway illegally. I now have to do it in the dark. and so i headed on it, and just pelted it as much as I could. Also at this point the water i had filled up was running out too.

Blimey!

I don't know what the motorways are like in spain but I wouldn't advise that you ride down them on your trip to Yorkshire.

pinkkaz

Veteran
I know how amazing the sight of a petrol station can be! Last year I went to Normandy and cycled out of Le Havre with my husband thinking we would find a cashpoint and stock up on food and extra water on the way. Somehow we couldn't find a cashpoint or a supermarket and 40 miles later under the broiling sun we were gasping for water and feeling a bit faint with just a few euros in our pockets.

And then... the petrol station glowing softly in the afternoon sun guiding us into its welcoming arms. Energy bars and water were bought and gave us enough energy to get to the next town and proper food.

I hate Le Havre.

I may be missing something but why did you not retrace your steps back home after you got lost the first time?

Smithy

Veteran
What a small world, if you were to head towards Malaga from the letter L on your map I was staying just around the corner from you last week (came home last Wednesday), the road we use to our apartment is Calle de Cuesta de los Pinos.

In the future I'm planning on taking my bike out there but there are not many ideal roads that run along the coast around this area, what is it like cycling along the A-7?

Top Bottom