Least ridiculous helmet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
D4VOW said:
Why does every thread involving helmets always turn into the same for/against helmet usage nonsense. If someone wants to wear a helmet let them, if not then leave them to it xx(

Personally I don't wear a helmet on the road but do like the look of the Catlike Kompact Pro and own one for when I'm involved in anything that requires the usage of a helmet.

Mainly because:
a) I don't like the insidious peer pressure which make people feel they have to wear one when it is really not necessary
:evil: The mass wearing of helmets makes non cyclist think that cycling is way more dangerous then other activities, such as walking or driving, and they are then put off from cycling (helmets are a barrier to making cycling safer for all of us)
c) I am not a shareholder of Bell Sports Inc. (if I had even a small slice of their profits I would be rich, it cost about £1.50 to manufacture and distribute each helmet to the retailer, who then sells it for between £30 - £100, now where does all that money go? Not into cycle safety that is for sure).
d) I don't like to see people being ripped off....
e) I enjoy a good argument :smile:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Well there's stuff like this

and there's these

More here

Velorum

I have been using one of these for the past month. Fits really well and doesnt look too obtrusive. Comes with a waterproof cover, mirror and rear LED too!

bell.jpg

phil_hg_uk said:
But it doesnt do any harm to have something between your bonce and the hard ground as you skid down the road on yer head does it.

Which is why the British Dental Association now points out that helmets do not protect against 2/3 of head injuries and are recommending full face helmets... and this is a move supported by the pro-compulsion Headway charity

After all a helmet looks better than a smashed face and it doesn't do any harm to have something between your bonce and the hard ground as you skid down the road on yer head does it

With these conclusive arguments how can you wear anything that is not full face?

Top Bottom