leather(ette) bar tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randochap

Senior hunter
I only have experience with "the real McCoy" on this bike. I'd say it's worth it, for comfort and durability. I've used it in the rain without issue. Installed mine with "cork" tape under the top section.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hang on, someone who bought the cheap stuff, according to the website, also bought the expensive stuff!

Ah, would that be in one purchase, or did they try the cheap stuff and not like it?

I'm going to be after tape to match my honey saddle too...

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Randochap said:
I only have experience with "the real McCoy" on this bike. I'd say it's worth it, for comfort and durability. I've used it in the rain without issue. Installed mine with "cork" tape under the top section.

Hmmm, the real McCoy does look good. Decisions, decisions....

MePower

Leather is better, will last longer, feel better after time has passed, look better with age. The charge stuff is cheaper, still looks good, but wont last half as long. Leather heals after minor scuffs which is a bonus. I got the charge tape after getting an ear bashing over the cost of my tourer build, am secreting mahony away for a brooks seat and tape as we speak. Had leather tape on an Enfield tourer years ago, was very nice. If you can stretch the budget a bit, leather every time.

Top Bottom