Leaving a bike at Clapham Junction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I have a possible job which is in Chiswick. I can get a train to Clapham Junction (from WInchester) and cycle from there. One option is taking a folder and another is to leave a bike at Clapham Junction

I would only be there 3-4 days a week on average, and may have business trips when I would be away for a week, so the bike would be all on its lonesome for 10 days.

Plan would be a cheap hybrid made to look crap (gaffer tape/paint job) with decent locks.

Anyone know what facilities there are and how good or bad an idea this would be?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I personally wouldn't leave a bike at Clapham Junction. If SouthWesterns policy allows and fits in with your timings cycle to Chiswick but get off at Putney or Barnes.

leemo

Commuter
I've locked up a low end hybrid at clapham in the daytime with 2 decent locks and it was ok. Wouldn't do it for ten days though.

Folder would be the preferred option.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you have bike insurance, look at the small print. Some policies treat bikes as being uninsured if they are left for more than 24 hours (or whatever) in one place.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Ok! Sounds like a no.... the folder would be ok if I have to. There is a train from CJ to Kew Bridge, but I fancy cycling, as it gets some exercise into my day which I will miss.

Other option is to run a couple of times a week. It is 10k so ideal for a workout

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
I'd say folder too.

Top Bottom