Led my first ride tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Well done. Doing that for the first time must be a bit daunting. :notworthy:

Katherine

Guru
Well done! it's only 12 months since I did my first lead and I still find it quite amazing to turn my head and keep seeing a group of cyclists behind me! And I still miss a turning sometimes and have to apologise to everyone when I have to make them turn round! You are right about the importance of making new riders feel welcome.

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Well done! it's only 12 months since I did my first lead and I still find it quite amazing to turn my head and keep seeing a group of cyclists behind me! And I still miss a turning sometimes and have to apologise to everyone when I have to make them turn round! You are right about the importance of making new riders feel welcome.
Thank you!

Will Spin

Über Member
Did my first turn as ride leader last week. Wasn't too worried about going wrong on the route as the roads where quite familiar to me from previous solo rides. What I was worried about was; a) whether there would be enough cakes at the elevenses stop, b) whether there would be enough space at the small café that was our lunch destination and c) whether the forecast heavy rain would materialise. In the event all worked out fine and we had a great ride.

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
The club seems keen for people to volunteer as ride leaders, even if they don't have much experience. Learn on the job and all that.

You have to be part RSM, part mother duck, and part Coco the clown. I've led over 100 rides now, I still get it wrong occasionally. As long as everyone got back safely, and enjoyed it, that's what counts.
If anyone didn't enjoy it

IMG_4901.JPG

Top Bottom