Leeds liverpool campsites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The canal?

I've cycled it a couple times Leeds<>Blackburn but always in 1 day, sorry i can't give a site.

The path around Skipton was bad last time I did it, I actually abandoned the towpath and went on roads for a bit as it was so poor.

That was where I slipped on the mud, fell down the embankment, and landed upside down in a rhododendron bush with the bike on top of me.

Ouch!

The last time I did it (Leeds > Blackburn) I abandoned the canal south of Skipton and took the bypassz then had to carry the bike through a field to get back on track.

I'll say this though after Skipton until Burnley it's a great ride, very quiet. It's the most northern of the Pennine canal crossings and worth it over all.

Petrichorwheels

Ouch!

The last time I did it (Leeds > Blackburn) I abandoned the canal south of Skipton and took the bypassz then had to carry the bike through a field to get back on track.

I'll say this though after Skipton until Burnley it's a great ride, very quiet. It's the most northern of the Pennine canal crossings and worth it over all.

can I ask what you mean by "south of skipton"? (for canal paths are notoriously wiggly/confusing)
Skipton to Gargrave is now very well surfaced.

can I ask what you mean by "south of skipton"? (for canal paths are notoriously wiggly/confusing)
Skipton to Gargrave is now very well surfaced.

Checking on the map it was between Kildwick and Bradley. It was winter, just too muddy and several years ago so probably before surfacing works. I now use a different bike on canal rides and probably would have been ok now.

Glad to hear it's better, I'm overdue a re-ride of the canal so look forward to the better surface!

Top Bottom