Leeds/Liverpool Canal - Anyone done it recently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ive only done wigan to liverpool as canals practically on door step but as said them gates are apain but the tow path through wigan is excellent but after parbold you really are looking at a little more thana single path cut through the grass and under growth but IT IS DO-ABLE AND ENJOYABLE

Cascad

Über Member
As ^ said, rough bits but do-able, I enjoyed it and met loads of lovely people

sidevalve

Über Member
I used to ride the LL a lot when I lived in Leeds, don't forget you will encounter a lot of fishermen and their rods / tackle, most are ok if you're carefull and polite but you do always find the odd plonker. Just wish him well and move on. Don't know if this has improved but on the less used parts you could always expect to find at least one pothole covered in grass / nettles, keep your eyes open. Finally I don't understand the apparent animosity to anyone else using the towpath as shown by a few here. Deaf, stupid, texting whatever they have as much right to be there as you. One thing I would say is it may be worth taking an extra day, taking your time and a book on the history of the canals, it really is amazing how beautifull the "backside" of industry is.

Top Bottom