Left hook.....miss fortunately..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
CLOSE!!!

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Crankarm said:
It was a Mini, any wonder :laugh:?

Big cars those.

Glad your ok that was uncomfortably close for watching a reply of. I didn't get a recording of mine this evening but I was warned of the left hook by the passenger screaming "no, no, no, no, NOOOOOOO!" Made worse by the fact that the driver knew I was there as he let me pass after pulling into the other lane and stopping whilst coming out of a junction on my right. He then gunned it past and cut across me. On a plus note though, the driver indicated. :blush:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Glad to see you held your ground and are OK. I had a similar situation years ago. Car overtook me and did pull in tp left turn. He took me with him as I was level with his rear wheel as he turned in front of me in the wet, so I couldn't brake.
As he got round the corner he accelerated away and left me sprawled in the road and was helped up by ped. I'm sure I scratched his car as I was dragged round corner and slid down his rear wing:biggrin:.

NigC

I'm sure a fair few of these are due to the driver not fully knowing their route and suddenly finding the turning they're looking for just after passing a cyclist. The immediate reaction then being: ooh-quick-turn-argh-shoot-cyclist.

Again, this is no excuse for what is very poor driving, that could easily put a cyclist in hospital or worse.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
yup, that looked like a close one :S

Arent there laws about parking in cycle lanes? if not, there really needs to be :evil:

sheva

NigC said:
I'm sure a fair few of these are due to the driver not fully knowing their route and suddenly finding the turning they're looking for just after passing a cyclist. The immediate reaction then being: ooh-quick-turn-argh-shoot-cyclist.

Again, this is no excuse for what is very poor driving, that could easily put a cyclist in hospital or worse.

made me laugh :evil: