Left hook video - Tooting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Technically no, but it will be held against you if there's an accident and it could get you charged with riding without due care and attention. Why risk it?
Please don't say things are illegal when they aren't.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
In this case it's victim blaming. It's bad enough that the original tweet suggested it, but we really shouldn't have to emphasise on this forum of all places that the cyclist did absolutely nothing wrong, let alone illegal.

Dreadful riding by the cyclist.

Barrelling up the inside of moving traffic is hazardous enough, but he has also displayed zero observation skills or risk assessment.

In summary, he's shown no roadcraft whatsoever.

Squawk 'victim blaming' all you like, but crap riding is crap riding.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Dreadful riding by the cyclist.

Barrelling up the inside of moving traffic is hazardous enough, but he has also displayed zero observation skills or risk assessment.

In summary, he's shown no roadcraft whatsoever.

Squawk 'victim blaming' all you like, but crap riding is crap riding.
The riding may or may not have been crap, but in order to refute my suggestion of victim blaming you really need to show me where it was illegal.

D

Deleted member 26715

The riding may or may not have been crap, but in order to refute my suggestion of victim blaming you really need to show me where it was illegal.
There is no may or may not, crap is being polite, I take it you believe the cyclist is the victim here?

D

Deleted member 26715

I don't believe the cyclist did anything illegal as was alleged upthread.
Interesting POV so he causes an avoidable accident, causes damage to another persons property, maybe not illegal but certainly moronic & he should be given lifetime membership to the Darwin society

D

Deleted member 26715

No what? No it's not an interesting POV, No he didn't cause an avoidable accident, No he didn't damage somebody else's property, No it wasn't moronic or No he should be given membership to the Darwinian Society? I think all 5 points are spot on.

winjim

Smash the cistern
No what? No it's not an interesting POV, No he didn't cause an avoidable accident, No he didn't damage somebody else's property, No it wasn't moronic or No he should be given membership to the Darwinian Society? I think all 5 points are spot on.
None of it.

D

Deleted member 26715

None of it.
So you don't even think your own POV is interesting that's interesting in itself, ah well have a good day, but if you go out on your bike I hope you are more observant than that cyclist, he caused an unnecessary accident by his own stupidity. When I got on a motorbike 45 years ago my father told me a piece of advice "Ride like everybody is trying to kill you" it's stood me in good stead.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Interesting POV so he causes an avoidable accident, causes damage to another persons property, maybe not illegal but certainly moronic & he should be given lifetime membership to the Darwin society
How did the cyclist "cause an unavoidable accident"? The accident was caused by the car making an illegal left turn, across a cyclist's path they they should have checked for. I agree that the cyclist should have had their wits about them and could have foreseen the possibilities but they are not the cause of the accident, merely an innocent yet naïve victim.

winjim

Smash the cistern
So you don't even think your own POV is interesting that's interesting in itself, ah well have a good day, but if you go out on your bike I hope you are more observant than that cyclist, he caused an unnecessary accident by his own stupidity. When I got on a motorbike 45 years ago my father told me a piece of advice "Ride like everybody is trying to kill you" it's stood me in good stead.
My point of view, which as stated is that the cyclist did nothing illegal, is so self evident as to be utterly mundane.

Top Bottom