Left knee problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Hello
Been noticing that my left knee sometimes feels different, which means i dont put as much power down through it. But after a while it does a click then its fine. Whats causing this? My right knee is fine its just the left one. Is my seat too high/low? It feels comfortable, and i think today it did it after about 3-4miles then that was it. But it did it yesterday and some of the other days i was out riding.

Cheers

Joe

02GF74

Über Member
dunno the asnwer to your specific problem but there are some quick n easy checks you can do to see if you are in the "recommended" position.

place heel on pedal with crank in line with seat tube - your knee should be locked out i.e. leg is totally straight.

next foot in normal pedalling posiiton, the centre of the pedal spindle shold be in line with the ball of your foot - th bit where your toeas hnge from in case I am using the wriong term. if yu have SPD you can adjust them to some extent.

there is one more adjustment for seat posiiton - cnetre of knee joint is vertically above the pedal spindle when pedal is horizontal on the down stroke.

when I say "recommended" this is a rule of thumb, you can ofcourse tweak it to what feels better.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I normally tweek my saddle height as i go along. Its strange because sometimes i think the saddle is to low, sometimes it feels just right. I lifted it up a couple of weeks ago, but its just been this week and the end of last week when it started.
Its like there is a build up of something that pops, like when you crack your knuckles.

Top Bottom