Left my bike at work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

marooncat

I got the bus in as planned today and cycled home and felt fine (came home via the dentist which was not so nice :biggrin:).

It must admit it was great this morning when the alarm went off pressing the snooze button knowing I could have an extra wee while in bed cause of getting the bus.

alp1950

marooncat said:
I have been cycling to work for 4 years and today I have had to leave my bike in the office for the first time just cause I could not face cycling home. My legs are so stiff ;)

If this happens again you could try wearing compression tights (eg Skins) when you get to work. I was sceptical at first but they do seem to be work- your legs feel refreshed & strong after exercise.

c2c

redredrobin
i too get days when for some strange reason i just do not feel like riding to work........ i kinda hate myself for it, but probably like the original poster, when i dont ride my bike its because i do actually feel really rough. not so bad as i cant go to work, but bad enough that even the thought of a headwind is enough to jump in the car..... i dont worry about it now, i just go easy on myself, drive the car and ride the minute i feel fit again...

bonj2

marooncat said:
I have been cycling to work for 4 years and today I have had to leave my bike in the office for the first time just cause I could not face cycling home. My legs are so stiff :laugh:

Not really sure what the cause is, I had a horse riding lesson last night
Well there you go - sorry to point out the bloomin' obvious, but I think you've answered your own question there.

marooncat said:
and we did work harder than normal but I don't think I did enough to make me feel like this.
Well no, you didn't. The horse did.
The problem with horse riding is that the width of the horse forces your legs out into an unnatural position. That's why people who have been riding horses for years walk bandy-legged.

marooncat said:
Felt fine when I woke up and did the 10 miles to work no problems, legs felt a bit stiff at lunchtime but the sometimes do feel like that and a half hour walk normally loosens them off fine but today I felt worse after the walk.

Decided mid afternoon that I was wimping out (final decision was made when the wind got up, headwind all the way home would have finished me off), left bike in the stores in the office and walked (slowly) to BF work to get a lift home.

I feel really ashamed, the first time I have not managed to cycle home, there have been days that I feel I am going backwards but not days when I just could not face it like today :laugh:

Well don't feel ashamed. It's up to you whether or not you take my opinions on horses, which are probably seen by others on this forum to be fairly radical / controversial, with a pinch of salt, but what I will be serious about is that cycling should be fun, and if you don't feel like it you don't feel like it!
You're just so dedicated to cycling you're addicted to it, and you only feel bad because you haven't given yourself your 'fix' of it. You'll just enjoy it more the next time you cycle in.
It's not that you couldn't do it, it's just that it would have been painful

OP
OP
M

marooncat

Bonj, fair point about the riding being the reason and I would accept that more if it was not for the fact that I have lessons weekly and normaly cycle in on a Tuesday morning afterwards. However I do think that was the underlying cause :biggrin:

Anyhow cycled in yesterday and today without a problem so I am back on track.. and will see how I feel next week after my lesson xx(

Lisa21

Mooching.............
"
bonj said:
Well there you go - sorry to point out the bloomin' obvious, but I think you've answered your own question there.

Well no, you didn't. The horse did.
The problem with horse riding is that the width of the horse forces your legs out into an unnatural position. That's why people who have been riding horses for years walk bandy-legged."

Whattt!!!!!! :angry::biggrin: Rubbish!!!
Iv been riding horses for years and my legs are fine ta very much!!!

You use completely different muscles for horse riding than you do cycling(i am addicted to both:laugh:) but as your having riding lessons then i presume you are a beginner? You may be quite tense on the horse, even without realising, and this may affect your legs but hopefully not for long. Even now tho, if iv been in the saddle a few hours or doing lots of concentrated schooling etc, and go for a good ride on my bike the same day, my legs are achey the next day so maybe you just overdid things a wee bit??

Top Bottom