Left my sensible (tight) head behind....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
For the first time in a long time.
Astra J 1.6, been a really good basic car, cost us nowt in real terms over 5 years, excellent vfm but...boring and a fair but underpowered. Time for something new...

Mazda 3 2.0 Sport Nav, my first Japanese car.

It's freekin lovely, weirdly it's cheaper VED than the Astra despite the bigger engine and on a quick run up the A1M today, averaged almost 55mpg at just under 70 mph.
Everything is so easy to use, satnav is easy to setup, lovely interior and I always liked that sweeping body style.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Erm ... that's still a 'sensible' head. Try these two I bought:

IMG_0091.JPG

and
DSCF4987.JPG

Now that's leaving your sensible head behind :okay:

tyred

Legendary Member
Erm ... that's still a 'sensible' head. Try these two I bought:

View attachment 597210
and
View attachment 597211

Now that's leaving your sensible head behind :okay:
I would so love that Samba. :becool:It would sit well alongside my 205.

I think I'm the crazy one here when my dream garage contains things like 205s, 104s, Sambas, Citroen Visa, 2CV, Ami 6, Renault 4TL, Dauphine, (original model) 5, VW Beetle, Ford Prefect...

Most people dream of Ferrari and Aston Martin s whereas I have a love of cheap, cheerful and quirky cars!

Most people wa

Drago

Legendary Member
Im not a car person at heart, but aleays had a soft spot for the Samba and 104 rag tops.

Thats a nice sensible hatch @gbb Comfortable, economical, likely reliable, inexpensive to run. Perfect.

Reactions: gbb

gzoom

Über Member

Mazdas are fab (and very sensible), we have this on the driveway, its 12 years old, have yet to break down, everything electrical still works, and has a massive boot. Looks after it and it'll last you a long time!!

I can even fit in the bike inside and still carry my daughter around!

49849616497_b127caa2f1_c_d.jpg

49849618227_52937391e5_c_d.jpg

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member

62 mpg over a 15 mile commute,(mostly on the A1M tbf), driving at 60mph.
2 ltr naturally aspirated, you'd scarcely believe it really.

60 on the motorway seems slow tbf, it's my 20 minute relax after work, I'm on no rush.

Very pleasing...

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
For the first time in a long time.
Astra J 1.6, been a really good basic car, cost us nowt in real terms over 5 years, excellent vfm but...boring and a fair but underpowered. Time for something new...
View attachment 597205

View attachment 597206

View attachment 597207

It's freekin lovely, weirdly it's cheaper VED than the Astra despite the bigger engine and on a quick run up the A1M today, averaged almost 55mpg at just under 70 mph.
Everything is so easy to use, satnav is easy to setup, lovely interior and I always liked that sweeping body style.

Have owned several Mazdas ( two 3s a 2 and a MX5). Absolutely no complaints, totally reliable, and the MX5 took us all over Europe (Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, Czech Republic, Germany).

Enjoy!

Reactions: gbb

stephec

Legendary Member
I had a Mazda 6 on a 52 plate as a company car when they first came out, the 2.0l petrol engine was lovely, and for a big car it went round corners really well.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
It makes you realise ssomething regarding the manufacturers claims re fuel economy. The Mazda 3 states Extra Urban at 65 mpg . I think to achieve that figure (if youre really careful) you need to think thats what it can achieve once its at cruising speed, NOT an overall figure including startup, accelleration, getting to cruising speed. The 62 above didnt include about a mile of travel, startup, acceleration, getting to cruising speed...i was resetting stuff as i set off so it didnt include that.
But nevertheless, it shows manufacturers claims can be achievable (or damn near)

Top Bottom