Left turning lorries -Write to your MP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
we shall put that on your tombstone.
what a pathetic thing to say. I always am careful and I teacj my kids to be careful. Sone of us can hold 2 thoughts in our brains and also think that those with the most danger should also take the most care and be punished if they don't.

Your logic would follow that women in skimpy clothes are at fault for being raped.

I would also like to ask what sensible advice you have for the dead cyclists who were run over from behind by lorries. Only an idiot would see a lorry behind and not jump into the pavement surely. I'm sure their tombstones shoukd carry your advice of being idiots for not getting out of the wsy.

Last edited:

Licramite

Über Member
I would also like to ask what sensible advice you have for the dead cyclists who were run over from behind by lorries. Only an idiot would see a lorry behind and not jump into the pavement surely. I'm sure their tombstones shoukd carry your advice of being idiots for not getting out of the wsy.
You misunderstand
I agree, he is right, but It won't stop you being killed by an idiot driver, - you have to anticipate the homicidal nutcase in the vehicle next to you, not think, what I,m doing is perfectly correct so why shouldn't I do it. - because the guy how' going to probably break the law - will kill you.
That's what I meant.

Ps I often get out of wys - but then I'm complete wys

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Of course cyclists don't help themselves much, - I always work on the principle, if a cyclist and a lorry have a dispute the cyclist looses - so the lorry always wins - hench, don't pull up alongside lorries at junctions and if the they pull up next to you, stay put till they have pulled away
Always let the lorry go first.
I disagree with that, what if they are turning left, you end up staying in a very dangerous spot, even if they are turning right their need for a much larger turning circle means you could be in danger.

Licramite

Über Member
Whatever, just stop banging on about gravestones, it's horrible and offensive and makes you sound like a complete idiot.

I didn't , I said Tombstone?
I'm really chuffed you only think I sound like an idiot, you clearly haven't met me.

Licramite

Über Member
I disagree with that, what if they are turning left, you end up staying in a very dangerous spot, even if they are turning right their need for a much larger turning circle means you could be in danger.

True, I can see your point, I suppose if a lorry turns up next to you you need to reposition before it moves off to allow for it, because he ain't going to allow for you and thats for sure.

Licramite

Über Member
programme last night - first 60minutes i think it was called - about ambulances
first incident, girl crushed to death under a left turning lorry - which just goes to re-inforce how safe cycling really is.
its being crushed under a lorry thats really dangerous

Last edited by a moderator:

Southside Mike

programme last night - first 60minutes i think it was called - about ambulances
first incident, girl crushed to death under a left turning lorry - which just goes to re-inforce how safe cycling really is.
its being crushed under a lorry thats really dangerous

Problem is that without knowing how she ended up on the inside of a turning lorry, it's impossible to say whether or not she had made cycling very dangerous indeed.

Take primary at junctions guys....

Top Bottom