Left turning lorries -Write to your MP

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by User, 1 Jul 2009.

1. what a pathetic thing to say. I always am careful and I teacj my kids to be careful. Sone of us can hold 2 thoughts in our brains and also think that those with the most danger should also take the most care and be punished if they don't.

Your logic would follow that women in skimpy clothes are at fault for being raped.

2. I would also like to ask what sensible advice you have for the dead cyclists who were run over from behind by lorries. Only an idiot would see a lorry behind and not jump into the pavement surely. I'm sure their tombstones shoukd carry your advice of being idiots for not getting out of the wsy.

Last edited: 18 May 2015
  3. glenn forger

glenn forger Guest

Once again, that is simply not true. Illegal or rash behaviour by cyclists isn't what causes collisions.

4. glenn forger

glenn forger Guest

You disagree that the drivers of the most dangerous vehicles should take care so you fantasise about the deaths of posters? Why did you say that?

Markymark likes this.
  5. Licramite

Licramite Über Member

You misunderstand
    I agree, he is right, but It won't stop you being killed by an idiot driver, - you have to anticipate the homicidal nutcase in the vehicle next to you, not think, what I,m doing is perfectly correct so why shouldn't I do it. - because the guy how' going to probably break the law - will kill you.
    That's what I meant.

Ps I often get out of wys - but then I'm complete wys

6. glenn forger

glenn forger Guest

Whatever, just stop banging on about gravestones, it's horrible and offensive and makes you sound like a complete idiot.

Markymark likes this.
  7. glenn forger

glenn forger Guest

markeymark didn't say that, or anything like it. You've completely misunderstood the point.

8. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

I disagree with that, what if they are turning left, you end up staying in a very dangerous spot, even if they are turning right their need for a much larger turning circle means you could be in danger.

9. Licramite

Licramite Über Member

I didn't , I said Tombstone?
    I'm really chuffed you only think I sound like an idiot, you clearly haven't met me.

10. Licramite

Licramite Über Member

True, I can see your point, I suppose if a lorry turns up next to you you need to reposition before it moves off to allow for it, because he ain't going to allow for you and thats for sure.

11. glenn forger

glenn forger Guest

Remaining on the left of an HGV at a junction is stupid, dangerous nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator: 19 May 2015
  12. Scoosh

Scoosh Velocouchiste Moderator

MOD NOTE:
    Some posts have been Deleted.

Stop the name-calling.

13. Licramite

Licramite Über Member

programme last night - first 60minutes i think it was called - about ambulances
    first incident, girl crushed to death under a left turning lorry - which just goes to re-inforce how safe cycling really is.
    its being crushed under a lorry thats really dangerous

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Jun 2015
  14. Southside Mike

Southside Mike Active Member

Problem is that without knowing how she ended up on the inside of a turning lorry, it's impossible to say whether or not she had made cycling very dangerous indeed.

Take primary at junctions guys....

15. glenn forger

glenn forger Guest

theclaud likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice