Left turning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I bought 2 set of lights from Aldi today and went out to try them earlier on. I am still amazed at the number of motorists who insist on overtaking you just before they turn left. Where did those people learn to drive?
By the way, how long can I expect the batteries to last?

The batteries in the motorists or the lights?

lee1980sim

Well it depends on the type of battery used, how often you use them, the mode they're on and several other factors like temperature, humidity etc so basically nobody's can give a specific answer other than they'll last as long as they do and hopefully longer than you expected them to

Biker Joe

Über Member
...........................I am still amazed at the number of motorists who insist on overtaking you just before they turn left. Where did those people learn to drive?.................
It is a source of annoyance to me also. It has, on occasion, caused me to brake quite sharply.
There was one occasion when it happened and I was able to confront the driver. (He'd driven into a driveway) He cheerily said, "Sorry mate. I didn't see you." With a big grin on his face.
I was left almost speechless.:eek: When I confronted him further, he shrugged, with an aggrieved look on his face and said, " I said I was sorry,didn't I"?

400bhp

Guru
I bought 2 set of lights from Aldi today and went out to try them earlier on. I am still amazed at the number of motorists who insist on overtaking you just before they turn left. Where did those people learn to drive?
By the way, how long can I expect the batteries to last?

#random

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't had the experience of a cut up left overtake for a few years,but the last one still sticks in my mind.The idiot was in an old BMW,he did it as i was going at about 15 mph down a slight hill,so i had to slam the brakes on and unclip asap!! I was furious especially when i confronted him on the DIY store car park where he was in such a hurry to get to! If he'd have apologised i'd have left it at that but he told me to f off as i shouldn't be on roads anyway as here we go..."you don't pay road tax"blah blah. No point trying to show these types the errors of their ways so when the cretin had gone into the store i accidentally booted his wing mirror off!:whistle:

Davidc

Guru
Batteries - Buy 2 sets of rechargeables and a charger and you won't care how long they last.

Just have to watch out for the left hooks and evade them. I find the further out I am the less it happens, but nothing stops them. Annoying.

Top Bottom