Leg fatigue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mick54

Just wondering what tips are out there for overcoming leg fatigue,basically i just cover approx a 25 mile ride every other day as if i did a ride every day my legs simply get so fatigued in no time at and end up just heading home

mrcunning

Über Member
Try zero tablets,just pop them in ya drink might help..well worked for me.

vickster

Legendary Member
How long have you been doing 25 miles, how did you build up to it? what sort of bike?
Do you have a post ride/day off stretching regimen?
Do you do any other sort of exercise, specifically weight bearing, walking, jogging?

OP
OP
M

Mick54

How long have you been doing 25 miles, how did you build up to it? what sort of bike?
Do you have a post ride/day off stretching regimen?
Do you do any other sort of exercise, specifically weight bearing, walking, jogging?
Just been doing 25 miles for around a month on a road bike,theres some decent hills on my road,i do weight training alternative days but normally rest the legs,i walk a lot for work though

vickster

Legendary Member
Just been doing 25 miles for around a month on a road bike,theres some decent hills on my road,i do weight training alternative days but normally rest the legs,i walk a lot for work though
Did you build up to the 25 gradually? If not, too much, try doing shorter rides or have more rest days 👍
and stretch your muscles, all of them 👍

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It’s about regular riding a distance and at a low intensity to build your durability. Then allowing enough time between rides for the legs to adapt to it. So try to avoid back to back 25 mile rides till your legs are handling the distance with ease. Then try a little further etc. Don’t forget recovery days and decent sleep though, that’s when the muscle is repaired / remodelled and you get stronger / better able to handle the 25 mile circuit.

gbb

Legendary Member
Cadence and saddle height spring to mind.
Are you a masher, pedal In a high gear or a spinner, with a faster cadence. I think 90 rpm is a good cadence and it might seem counter intuitive at first but it can make a big difference, much easier on the legs.
Saddle height, too low and it hurts the thighs like hell, been there done that. You feel like your thighs are going to catch fire.
It also sounds like you're doing a lot in your first month although the intensity you're doing it makes a big difference too.
25 miles every other day, plus weight training, plus walking a lot at work, youre asking a lot of yourself. I'd do the 25 miles at a steady pace, let your muscles build slowly.

Top Bottom