LEJOG 6th May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Bike routes often take you up hills just for fun :laugh: glad you’re enjoying it.

A little over 2 weeks until we set off :bicycle:
When you pass me give me a wave.

Ajax Bay

Guru
You've been on the road 11 days. Are you into Worcestershire yet, or did you decide to go across the Severn Bridge and enjoy the Forest of Dean?

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

You've been on the road 11 days. Are you into Worcestershire yet, or did you decide to go across the Severn Bridge and enjoy the Forest of Dean?
Hi Ajax: you have to remember I am the founder member of the Sloth Cycling Team: we live by the code of: we don’t know when we will get there but we will get there

I do 20 miles a day give or take I am in Gloucester heading the Stratford Upon Avon then Rugby over to the A1 then up NCN 1 - all good so far loving it.

MikeG

Guru
Twenty miles/ day means 1000/20 = 50 days for Lejog. Seven weeks, so 5 and a half left. ETA early July sometime.

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Twenty miles/ day means 1000/20 = 50 days for Lejog. Seven weeks, so 5 and a half left. ETA early July sometime.
Think it is a wee bit longer than 1000 but yeh that will be about right. Met a few boys on a 14 day trip who would be happy to come along with me. Yeh ha. Sloths rule. Has anyone taken longer in one run?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Gloucester
Tewksbury
Worcester
Kidderminster
Whitmore Reans
Stafford
Stoke On Trent
Lower Withington
Manchester
Chorley
Preston
Did not follow my intended route hey hum
I do 20 miles a day give or take I am in Gloucester heading the Stratford Upon Avon then Rugby over to the A1 then up NCN 1
So the route you posted was just a cunning plan, right.
I 'know' Bristol is (give or take) 220 miles from Land's End so Gloucester sounds as if you are averaging a bit more than 20 miles a day. Continue to have a great trip.

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

So the route you posted was just a cunning plan, right.
I 'know' Bristol is (give or take) 220 miles from Land's End so Gloucester sounds as if you are averaging a bit more than 20 miles a day. Continue to have a great trip.
That route has long gone. Changed my mind put it in the bin heading of in a new direction all together. Wish I had not spent time and effort what little I did planning. The trip as is now is nothing like the one I planned for. Anybody want to buy an unused 2 man tent?

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

The B6047 Market Harborough to Melton Mowbray give it a go. Weeeeeeeeer

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

When are you planning to be near Lower Withington? If I'm off work I might come and ride a few miles with you.
Hi Fred’s Dad: my original route is no more I am going up the East Coast: I am in Nottingham as we speak. Heading for York at the weekend with my wife and then Thirsk or somewhere like that.

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

2nd proposed route from York:
Helperby Northallerton Darlington Durham Ryton to avoid tunnel closures Morpeth Alnwick Cheswick Auchenceow East Linton Edinburgh Perth Pitlochry Dalwhinnie Aviemore Inverness Dingwall Tain Lairg Altnaharra Tongue Armadale Thurso John o’Groats

Easy.

Top Bottom