Lejog On The Turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Never being a big turbo fan, but the smart trainers have made it a bit more interesting, I like Zwift but there are only so many times you can smite Yoda's Tricycle, the CC Bkool leagues look a bit too quick for me and are at the wrong times for me.
I liked the real world rides and videos of Bkool, so decided to do Lejog on the Turbo using the Tacx TT4 software and the files from this guys real world ride.

https://oldbatonabike.wordpress.com/lejog-route/lejog-gpx-files/

What a fantastic route, with some unexpected sections, Tacx use Google Earth and Street View, that updates as you cycle along, unfortunately Google decided to update their streetview and this caused problems with the Tacx software, this happened just as I got to the interesting west coast of Scotland and its Islands, so all Scotland was completed with helicopter view only. (Tacx are working on a fix)

45 Turbo session's

66hrs 29min 56 secs

Average speed about 15.95 mph

1126.5 Mile 78,480 ft climbed.

Tacx Neo Turbo
2 bikes used
2 new front derailleurs (both broken in the quick changes of elevation in Cornwall/Devon)
1 new rear gear cable
1 new chain.

Last edited:

mythste

Veteran
:blink:

Chapaeu!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
What was the weather like - a headwind the whole way?

cap_stripe_black_white_left.jpg

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I thought you were going to say that you were thinking of doing it but you've only gone and done it! Well done, indeed :smile:

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
Quite a feat, does it make you want to ride it on the open road?

Definitely, A camper van and Mrs Afnug driving would be the ideal solution.

As above, if you enjoyed le jog then tacx do the route Grandes Alpes across three blu ray rlv which I would highly recommend, a bit dearer but no google problems with the picture (or the elevations!)

Top Bottom