LEJOG roads not to be missed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Thanks for those, I'll take a look at where they are on the map. I'm planning a JOGLE to get the harder logistics out the way first. Sleeper Inverness, train Wick. Then ride JOG , Dunnet Head, Thurso on day we arrive. Then ride down to the Crask Inn the next day.

Planning on coming over the Pennines and into the Peak District after the Forest of Bowland. Then across to Iron bridge then into Wales for the Gospel Pass in the Black Mountains.

Will need our climbing legs on, but the distances each day make it all reasonable. I've added an extra day in having seen the climbing figures on what was one of the days. I'd rather have a scenic route than choose less optimal roads of a flatter more urban route due to an artificial constraint on number of days. So currently now 15-16 days of riding. That may change as I pour over the OS maps a little more. Don't mind chevrons but one chevron rather than two!

I agree as well, part of the joy for me is planning my own routes taking in the places and type of roads and scenery I like. It has to flow as a whole for me, I'm not one for urban corridors.
assume you have bike booked on the relevant trains? Essential!

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
assume you have bike booked on the relevant trains? Essential!

Will do, but not till 2022 when both my niece and I will be free at the same time. Just doing some outline route planning at moment, looking at possible stops, and costing it up. Mostly for my niece so she knows what it'll roughly cost and what to expect.

Top Bottom