LEJoG - what's the most sensible duration?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welshdragon

Our trip took 7 days with support vehicle etc and our trip distance was 870 last summer. A couple of long days, well all were fairly long to be fair. Only been cycling for a 2years and this is achievable though trained very hard for it. All accomodation was pre booked so we had to make our goal each day. In my 2 years of cycling so far I have learned a great deal and with the right frame of mind anything I think is achievable. Set yr goals and go for it :biggrin:

yanto2009

Veteran
I did it with a mate supported in 5 days - it wasn't too bad as we didn't carry anything! normal day was 8-9hrs, 170miles, so not hanging around! It depends what you want to do it for, i just wanted to do it as quick as i possibly could and push myself, in reality i could have done it quicker if i knew how fit i was when i started!

by the way that was 10 yrs ago! now i find 70 miles in day enough!

eborandy

Four of us doing the LEJoG next April over 14 days with as many quiet roads as possible. We are all very new to riding more than two days on the trot and 70 miles is the furthest that any off us have ever cycled. We do have a training plan and a 3 day test ride nearer the day so fingers crossed !

We are currently debating a days rest and extra daily miles vs a couple of low mileage days and extra miles. I prefer the latter as it maintains our rhythm. Has anyone any views or experience of complete days rest vs low miles days.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Four of us doing the LEJoG next April over 14 days with as many quiet roads as possible. We are all very new to riding more than two days on the trot and 70 miles is the furthest that any off us have ever cycled. We do have a training plan and a 3 day test ride nearer the day so fingers crossed !

What dates? My brother and I are doing a 14 day trip in April as well.

Martin

eborandy

What dates? My brother and I are doing a 14 day trip in April as well.

Martin

Hitting the road at Lands End on Saturday 16th and finishing on Friday 29th, they have even sorted us a Bank Holiday to finish ! What about yourselves ?

ps: sorry about delay in reply have been struck down with flu

Top Bottom