LEJOG's times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveLewis1

Hi

I did LEJOG back in 2005 after recovering from a near fatal bout of double pneumonia. I cycled it with a friend and we did it in 2 weeks. It was awesome but my lasting regret will be that we did it too quickly.

One day I'd like to do it again and take a month. I just wondered if anyone has done this (or taken even longer?) Why? Because it would really impress me.

Cheers Dave

F70100

Who, me ?
We (Mrs F70100 & I) have a jogle planned for my first year of retirement in 2018. Currently 21 days cycling. With travel days to start & from finish plus rest days here and there, should work out around 28 days. I'm riding & Mrs F70100 will be supporting in our camper van. Can't wait!!!

toffee

Guru
Mrs T and I are currently planning our LEJOG for next year. My 3 week holiday from work has already been authorised.

Derek

OP
OP
DaveLewis1

DaveLewis1

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm just back from doing LEJOG in nine days. It was an organised event (Ride Across Britain) so the daily distances were preset. I definitely like the idea of doing it again but taking longer over it.

Although the RAB route was far from the most direct, steering clear of main roads to take in some lovely scenic bits, I did feel there were areas just off the route that I would have liked to explore further. The idea of doing a leisurely, meandering LEJOG over two months, taking in even more of the scenic bits, appeals immensely.

Not sure when I would ever be able to spare two months to go cycling though.

Top Bottom