Lepra’s: Edinburgh to St Andrews Cycle Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Event title: Edinburgh to St Andrews Cycle Ride
Event date/s:
17th June, 2017 at 8:45am
Event location: Start: West Gate, Inverleith Park, Edinburgh, EH3
Event organiser: Lepra
Your relationship: CycleChat member passing on info
Cost of entry: no minimum
Minimum sponsorship: [ £ no minimum ]
Beneficiary: Lepra
Event link: https://www.lepra.org.uk/Event/edinburgh-to-st-andrews-cycle-ride

You’ll ride a 68 mile ride with up to 1,000 other cyclists.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting in Edinburgh’s Inverleith Park, you’ll cross the Forth Bridge, pass through the beautiful Fife hills, stop for a bite to eat – perhaps afternoon tea or even an ice cream to give you that well-needed energy boost, before finishing in the coastal town of St Andrews.

How your fundraising will help
--------------------------------------
Each day more than 600 people are diagnosed and start treatment for leprosy – over 50 will be children. However, millions more are living undiagnosed with the disease today, leading to increasing damage the longer it’s left.

The funds you raise will provide children, women and men with the treatment they need to improve their lives, access healthcare and reduce poverty and stigma.

Graeme Obree says

“The Edinburgh to St Andrews Bike Ride is a fabulous event that has been raising money for Lepra’s work for over 20 years. This year’s ride could mean reaching a grand total of half a million pounds, all of which goes towards improving healthcare and reducing poverty in some of the world’s poorest countries.

Last edited:
OP
OP
currystomper
Going to do this great ride again this year, looking forward to seeing everyone and giveing a bit of money to a good cause.

...Also looking forward to the great cakes at Freuchie!!

OP
OP
currystomper
Just booked up for this "sportive" for a good cause! An early morning ride into Edinburgh, a Mcdonalds breakfast then I'll be ready to ride.

...just need to work out which bike: road bike, recumbent or folder!

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Can anyone point me at a map or GPX of the route, please?

It's a bit far away for me to do, but I'm reminded of the time I did the same ride as a kid on my single-speed exactly 50 years ago for a week's family holiday in a windy caravan at Kinkell, with frequent side-trips to watch the Lightnings at Leuchars.

Round the coast as far as Leven, then over the top via Largoward, though I suspect the Lepra 68-mile ride takes a more scenic route around the East Neuk.

Top Bottom