Lesson learnt!

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Thorn Sherpa, 7 Mar 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Thorn Sherpa

Thorn Sherpa Senior Member

Believe me I'll be making sure before each trip out that all the essentials are with me when I head out. I'm just thankful it happened firstly after I'd finished work and secondly not on a ride out miles from home or a train station for that matter! Silly mistake on my part :blush: At least you offered him assistance not a single soul stopped for me but there again 6am there wasn't that many people about to be fair!

ADarkDraconis likes this.
  2. cyberknight

cyberknight Bullied off cc

Once i was riding to work mid winter when i hit a pothole and got punctures front and back, only 1 tube so i changed that , tried to mend the front but it was so cold the glue was not working properly .
    Had to phone mrs to pick me up or face a similar walk , no buses or trains to catch though .
    Another time i had been hearing a cracking/ creak noise from the BB area but kept riding when the left crank arm sheared off.

dave r and Thorn Sherpa like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Thorn Sherpa

Thorn Sherpa Senior Member

The last time I had a failure was the back rim on a Tange framed early 90's Saracen I had before I got the Sherpa. Similar scenario to yours with the pothole, I was heading downhill on the last stretch to work and hit a pothole when I had to move over suddenly for a car pulling out of a junction. I hit it at some speed and the tyre just instantly went, amazingly managed to keep on the bike and slid to a halt! I wheeled the bike the last couple hundred of metres to work and waited till my break expecting it just to be a puncture only to find the sidewall on one side of the rim completely ruined! After a phone call my grandad kindly came in the estate car and took me home after the shift!

dave r likes this.
  4. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

That's a senior moment.

5. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Guy I work with rode down to the offie to grab some more beers one night on his specialized mtb.....walked back. Didn't realize until the next day when he didn't have a bike anymore.

Thorn Sherpa likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice