Let me out the house Weather!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
if the wind is as bad as here, be very careful

gbb

Legendary Member
Yep, id grab my hybrid and just do some local tracks or similar, no rush, you cant beat the wind...just ride within what it will allow.
Positively not a day for road riding for me.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I went out at lunch, we had a passing shower about 12, then I made my move.
It started to rain, and rain and rain - mixed with mud, bits of tree and a ferocious wind (not mine)
I got completely soaked and it was the most disgusting ride of 2017.
I am glad it was only 15 miles.

I wish I'd stayed in at work.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't ridden a bike since the Sunday before last. This crap weather is making cycling almost impossible. Not only that but the wet leaves are a danger,as well as the strong winds we've been having. I've been "power walking" around the local park,to keep myself in shape,for the last week.

Rooster1

I haven't ridden a bike since the Sunday before last. This crap weather is making cycling almost impossible. Not only that but the wet leaves are a danger,as well as the strong winds we've been having. I've been "power walking" around the local park,to keep myself in shape,for the last week.

I've got targets to meet - 5000 miles for the year.

gavgav

Guru
Not as bad as feared in the Lake District today. The torrential rain fell overnight and up to about 10:30 but then gave way to sunshine for a good few hours, which meant our Go Ape experience was much more fun than it could potentially have been. The winds were fairly light as well. It's now pouring down again though!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've got targets to meet - 5000 miles for the year.
Ah,i'm ok with that one. I don't have the usual annual target to reach, as i've kind of written cycling off for this year. Last year was obsessive. I wanted to reach 8000 for the year,then a double hip break ended all that. I haven't been totalling up my written down monthly miles this year but i reckon i'll be lucky if i've done around 2000 so far.

Rooster1

Ah,i'm ok with that one. I don't have the usual annual target to reach, as i've kind of written cycling off for this year. Last year was obsessive. I wanted to reach 8000 for the year,then a double hip break ended all that. I haven't been totalling up my monthly miles this year but i reckon i'll be lucky if i've done around 2000 so far.

This has obviously allowed you more time on the forum which is a win win. :smile:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Wimps. Unless there's lumps of tree and buildings blowing past you, in which case it's probably wise to wait. But a bit of wind and rain? Situation normal - go out in waterproofs and accept it'll be a bit slower and tougher to control the bike. And take sunblock for when the weather changes.

Top Bottom