Let This Be A Warning!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Van Nick said:
I often look at the adverts for ETA cycle rescue and wonder how good they are.

http://www.eta.co.uk/pages/Cycle-Rescue/21/default.htm

Has anyone ever used them ?

I used them for a couple of years when I was in Cornwall.

Only one call out when someone tried to force the U lockonthe TRice in Penzance.

Big breakdown lorry appeared checked my Id and used an angle grinder to release. Had great fun filling out the form as it was "car orientated" (manual gearbox etc)and then took me back to Helston with the Trice in the centre of the flat bed.

Brilliant service.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Errrm, couldn't the Wife have collected you after the game finished?? Am I wrong in assuming that said game would be over in under 6 hours?????

Bad luck that though!

OP
OP
D

dangerousjules

Veteran
its a family thing trust me, 6 hours would've cut short for her...fair play she did come and get me out of the cold, rain, and darkness for the last two miles of my trek!

Danny

Legendary Member
I've never had a chain snap in all my years of cycling. Have I just been lucky or does this only happen to certain kinds of chain?

I've had a few chains break over the years. Always carry a chain tool though, so I've always been able to fix it at the roadside. I noticed today that my ancient Cooltool (easily the best multitool ever - what a shame they no longer make them) has lost the extractor pin from the chain splitter part of it. So, unless anyone knows of a source of these things, I'm going to have to buy a new, almost certainly hugely inferior, multitool.:eek:

yenrod

The last 2mls god me...

And you walked around 17/18mls - I'm convinced wimn are harder than men !

Even when cutting my hair they're more abrupt than men especially round the back of the neck !

I hope you put your feet up when you got in Danger !!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep well,

Yen'.

snorri

Legendary Member
You have my sympathy dj:sad: I also had a breakdown yesterday 7 miles in to my local 10 mile circuit. Something has failed in the freewheel, still to be investigated.
At least it was a fine day for walking.:evil:

Joe

Über Member
If that had happened to me I would probably have just curled up by the side of the road and died. It was hard enough getting home by bike let alone walking miles in cleats!

Rigid Raider said:
We once picked up a roadie we spotted walking along the pavement with a puncture. Took him home and his Mrs came out of the house, stood with hands on hips and asked loudly "Okay - what's he done this time?" He was embarrassed.

And even more embarressed when you called out, "Cottaging." :biggrin:

bonj2

Van Nick said:
I often look at the adverts for ETA cycle rescue and wonder how good they are.

http://www.eta.co.uk/pages/Cycle-Rescue/21/default.htm

Has anyone ever used them ?

Yes, and yes I have used them for that.
(dual snakebites at once, and only one spare tube)
felt a bit silly, but I bloody well pay the buggers so I might aswell get my use out of them.

Patrick Stevens said:
And even more embarressed when you called out, "Cottaging." :biggrin:

;)

Top Bottom