Lets have a National No Cycling Day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I thought about this myself last time there was a news story about a Critical Mass protest. Instead of portraying cyclists as a nuisance, this would show how we're making things easier for drivers. It wouldn't make much of a difference round here, but I'm guessing London would be gridlocked if just a small percentage of cyclists were to switch to four wheels.

Maybe a few bumper stickers saying "My Other Car is a Bike" would get the message across.

Alternatively, a cycling jersey with ''My other bike is a big 4-wheel drive bullymobile'' would kind of do the same thing the other way round...

mog35

It would make naff all difference on my past two job commutes - I was the only cyclist.

Similar here - I only ever see one bloke regularly. There's another guy in hi-viz on a hybrid who I see occasionally.

I dread to think what it'd be like in London if its cyclists collectively decided they fancied driving in one day.

buggi

Bird Saviour
But I can't drive.

you could catch public transport.

This could actually be a great idea if it was organised nationwide. every single cyclist in the country either catching public transport or driving a car.

those on public transport could have a t'shirt saying "if i was on my bike, i wouldn't be taking your seat" and those in cars could have a sticker saying "if i was on my bike, i wouldn't be holding you up".

It's a fab idea.

it should be done on a day that was really busy, like when the schools return from summer holidays.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I reckon Tues 3rd May would be good. Kids back at school in most places, people most likely to drive after a weekend. Lots of people do a small weekly shop down here.

Lets show the moronic out there how cycling changes congestion for the better, how many extra cars would be needed, and how little space there'll be on public transport. It'd be like a road block, but everyone is involved. I'm sick of being made out to be in the way of motorists just for riding a damn bike.

Or perhaps we should flood the traffic reports with fakes to cause constination, LOL!??

Great idea

but I just.....

Cant

Top Bottom