Lets have another holiday thread to brighten us up.....where will you (hopefully) be going ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
I suspect any plans for 2021 are a little premature. The Covid disaster may well take up most of the year and the 'new normal' will likely reach different countries, and even different counties in the UK, at different times.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
In the spirit of positivity, our hopes are to get out in the new Campervanwagon as follows;

Forest of Dean at Easter
Our friends in the Outer Hebs. to help with their rowing-regatta and a small tour of outer Jockland
Our Friends in Piedmont to eat drink and be merry
Long weekend with our Dutch pals
Weekends lure-coursing the Whippets

Anytime in the van is a bonus....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I suspect any plans for 2021 are a little premature. The Covid disaster may well take up most of the year and the 'new normal' will likely reach different countries, and even different counties in the UK, at different times.
Agree. We see 2021 as a write off
holiday-wise..
Fortunately we have a decent garden.
We may get a kids paddling pool.
BBQs
Can I get a refund on our passports ^_^

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Already moved the holiday booking from last year to this although as said its likely this year will be a bust too , if we do go away its off too the south coast
1610626883778.png
1610626928829.png

GrandadRob

Lots of ideas for big holiday this year, getting older and available years lessening. But the big problem, as well as the obvious, is the lack of cover from travel insurance policies. Their Covid/cancellation cover is so bad that the larger travel agencies have had to add their own cancellation deals in order to get bookings. Booking in advance gives great advantages, but often that deposit is at risk. Then once you have paid the balance, you are in deep trouble if things go wrong. So we have decided to leave it until the last minute before booking, risking availability issues, but lessening the risk of monetary loss. We have a permanent policy with Axa through Lloyds bank, but they bailed out of Covid cover at the beginning. God forbid that an insurance company should actually have to pay out on a policy.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Lots of ideas for big holiday this year, getting older and available years lessening. But the big problem, as well as the obvious, is the lack of cover from travel insurance policies. Their Covid/cancellation cover is so bad that the larger travel agencies have had to add their own cancellation deals in order to get bookings. Booking in advance gives great advantages, but often that deposit is at risk. Then once you have paid the balance, you are in deep trouble if things go wrong. So we have decided to leave it until the last minute before booking, risking availability issues, but lessening the risk of monetary loss. We have a permanent policy with Axa through Lloyds bank, but they bailed out of Covid cover at the beginning. God forbid that an insurance company should actually have to pay out on a policy.
Not looked into it but I thought all holiday companies were offering money back guarantees if cancellation is Covid related.
I am 73 so understand your comments.
We have decided that, regardless of the vaccine, this years holiday will be at Aregate.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not looked into it but I thought all holiday companies were offering money back guarantees if cancellation is Covid related.
I am 73 so understand your comments.
We have decided that, regardless of the vaccine, this years holiday will be at Aregate.
They are but perhaps only if your holiday gets cancelled by them.
Not insurers though if you get sick and cancel or get Covid on holiday and need treatment for example

GrandadRob

They are but perhaps only if your holiday gets cancelled by them.
Not insurers though if you get sick and cancel or get Covid on holiday and need treatment for example
Also watch the insurance companies max cancellation payment, for an expensive holidays it’s not enough. There are standalone top up policies out there.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
They say if you have a bad experience you tell 7 people for every 1 you tell about a good one. All year long I've been trying to be the exception to this 'rule'.

last March we had a 3 week trip to Mexico all bought and paid for. Trailfinders were brilliant. when we first started to have doubts they quickly informed us it wasn't going to happen and offered us the choice of our money back or them holding it. We banked it thanks. Apparently, unlike many travel firms they don't exist on cash flow and your monies are safe.

When we feel it's safe to travel long distance again, guess who we'll book with?

This year have (refundable) reservations in Llandudno July and Cornwall October. Fingers crossed there'll be others.

Top Bottom